94 s10 oil pressure problems

Adam

a friend of mines truck he just bought oil pressure is fine when he starts it but he says as he keeps driving it slowly drops, and if he would be up to a red light it drops more, and when he takes it out of gear it goes all the way to the orange mark and the check engine light comes on, he says when he puts it back in gear or revs it up it will come back up, he took it to a shop today and they said the bearings were bad and were letting oil go by, i didn't know what the shop was talking about but i don't know much about these trucks either it is a 4 cylinder so any help would be appreciated

Well the short explanation is it's worn out. The long version is that the crank has worrn on the thrust surfaces to the point its moving back and forth in te mains. As it does this, the oil runs from the clearances between the main bearings and the sides of the crank. Basically it needs a crank kit quick and a new oil pump, if he repairs it quickly and doesn't run it AT ALL till its fixed ti will be ok. If not, it's gonna blow within the next few months.

sorry for the short explanation but that is all he told me and he isn't terrible mechanically inclined, thanks for the little bit i think he is having something done here soon and hasn't been driving it