Boost Level

Guest infamous me 235

Guest infamous me 235

What P.S.I would you race with a built engine, ported, Big16G, FMIC, stock fuel pump, other goodies, 255 fuel pump, and 550cc injectors?

Thanks,

Cody smile.gif

[ 21. April 2004, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Veni Vidi Vici ]

Guest mudbutt
well, nothing else will run out really. Even stock bottom end of the 4g is very robust. Id guess the pump would be the 1st limitation. just off hand Id GUESS 17or so psi would be the limit of the pump. Depending on what afm you are using, that will be a limiting factor too. It is more horsepower than boost pressuew, so you need to say waht turbo you have too because 14psi on a 14b is not the same as 14psi on a 16g. IIRC you have an auto. That will be the next limiting factor.

Guest infamous me 235
Originally posted by Im Joel:

Is your car stull running the automatic cams or have they been swapped out?

Yes, actually 5spd cams have been swapped into it

[ 20. April 2004, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Veni Vidi Vici ]

i take it you have an auto. have you swapped the ECU? i've heard that's considered an 'upgrade' for our cars.

i would agree your first obstical would be the Fuel Pump to run higher boost. but with that type of setup whats stopping you from dropping another 200bucks for a 255lph FP?

91's had big rods if im not mistaken and that bottom end could handle upwards of 25 psi with the right fuel delivery and some tuning. I still consider myself a newb so if a senior dsm'er would like to chime in now would be a great time smile.gif

btw you could run 17psi on a 14b turbo with 550's and a 190lph FP. ;)

Guest infamous me 235
Originally posted by harry's94tsi:

[QB]i take it you have an auto. have you swapped the ECU? i've heard that's considered an 'upgrade' for our cars. QB]

The 5spd ECU has been swapped in too.

Originally posted by harry's94tsi:

i take it you have an auto. have you swapped the ECU? i've heard that's considered an 'upgrade' for our cars.

i would agree your first obstical would be the Fuel Pump to run higher boost. but with that type of setup whats stopping you from dropping another 200bucks for a 255lph FP?

91's had big rods if im not mistaken and that bottom end could handle upwards of 25 psi with the right fuel delivery and some tuning. I still consider myself a newb so if a senior dsm'er would like to chime in now would be a great time smile.gif

btw you could run 17psi on a 14b turbo with 550's and a 190lph FP. ;)

thats good for a bright orange manifold on the dyno.i've seen it

You could try it I suppose.. No one is stopping you.. But I'd get a logger and AFC first, and watch that EGT for that one. 16 - 17 psi you could probably get away without tuning it and run fairly good. I don't know of anyone running 20 psi on any turbo without tuning and something to watch everything with. But, I could be wrong.

Guest infamous me 235
Originally posted by Koritina:

You could try it I suppose.. No one is stopping you.. But I'd get a logger and AFC first, and watch that EGT for that one. 16 - 17 psi you could probably get away without tuning it and run fairly good. I don't know of anyone running 20 psi on any turbo without tuning and something to watch everything with. But, I could be wrong.

Oh, i'm not going to run 20 without tuning. It'll be at Quantum-Racing once it's back from IPS to get a dyno/tune. smile.gif We'll see what happens.

Originally posted by Theoretic:

my friend is running 23psi on stock pump, big16g, exaust, 500lb injectors and fuel pressure regulator.

stock pump? how often does he drive this car?

i can understand MAYBE stock injectors, big FP and a regulator, but stock pump?