Aluminum rim cleaner

mloakley

Looking at wheel cleaners over the weekend, I noticed that most of them say "Not for aluminum rims." Someone told me Scrubbing Bubbles worked awesome on rims, and was safe on aluminum. Can anyone confirm / deny, or give me the name of a good aluminum rim cleaner?

TIA!

Guest nevarmore
Originally posted by Oak:

Someone told me Scrubbing Bubbles worked awesome on rims, and was safe on aluminum.

Scrubbing bubbles works on just about anything except paint.

Guest Tony_K
I can verify through experience that most of those wheel cleaners will leave permanent streaks and spots on your rims. Supposedly "P21s" has one that is safe, but I have just returned to cleaning them with car wash soap and waxing them every once in a while to help keep the dirt from sticking.

Try Mothers aluminum polish, it will clean the wheel and polish it very nicely. Obviously aluminum safe. It is not the cheapest and takes some more work than some of the spray ons but is by far the best I have found. Doesn't glass cleaner leave streaks like crazy with the ammonia?