civic engine swap

ScoobyMcPot

Originally posted by Veni Vidi Vici:

yeah- do it on a car worth it. not a 4door civic that's 10 years old and has "wanna be" rims on it.

yeah, save the money for the swap and get a different car..

h22s are good engines to swap... i got one, from the factory, they are reliable and alot torqier then a b serious engine. and for the myth with h22s can only go straight, it's not true... they think the h22 is alot heavier then a b18c... it's not. and pricing, h22s can get expensive and can get cheap.. you want a newer motor, like an h22a4.. you are gonna pay more then a h22a1, same goes with the JDM motors, newer motors with less miles will cost you more. and the 220hp h22a that's in the S specs, type S's and accord euro Rs.. is around 4500-5000 bucks... it's up to you to choose your swap... i'd go with an H22 just because everyone else has a b16 or b18..

i had a 94 four door civic and i took some time to look up the actual weight of it and i think it ended up wiehging less than the coupes by like 50 or so pounds. I drove a damn four door for a lil over a year and it spanked the coupes with the same mods. H22 is a nice pic, and good luck with it. IMO not that it matters to much anymore but i would have went with a b18b and a zex kit, and after some time selll the kit and go turbo.