mustang guys...header install

armin922

I just bought a pair of bbk shorty headers and i just want to know how i would go about installing them and taking off the old ones. Ive never done any of this before, first time but if n e 1 could tell me i would appreciate it. THANKS

the passenger side is easiest from above. just take off all the tubing from the MAF to he throttle body. the drivers side is easiest from below. lossen the steering rack and maybe even take it off. mine went in and out pretty easily

the drivers side is a b*tch..i have the passenger side on, but the drivers is a PITA!!!!I ran into a prob. Someone told me i have to dent the header so it wont rub against the steering shaft? Idk what to do with this now

Guest wigsite
BBK equal length you will need to loosen motor mounts and raise engine to get them in. However, I put unequal length BBK shorties on my 88GT and they went in very easily. If your motor mounts are worn and the engine is sitting lower, you may have rubbing on the steering shaft. As you mentioned, a small dent at the spot where it is rubbing will solve that no problem. You will probably have to loosen or remove the H pipe to get everything to line back up once the headers are in place.

still havent gotten it in. Something is f*cked up. The passengers side is all lined up and bolted together but the drivers side is a PITA. Like, when we bolt the header to the block, then for some reason the flange wont line up with the pipe. But if we bolt up the bottom flange of the header to the pipe, then its hard to line it up and bolt it to the block....Ill need some help, this is frustrating!

Guest wigsite
You may have to totally remove the H pipe, install the header and then reinstall H pipe and match up the studs. The H pipe needs to be able to be moved around pretty freely to line up the bolts. That is definitely a PITA to get them to line up cause there is no way to reach them by hand from either top or bottom.. I assume you removed spark plugs to do install. If yours is like mine, once you get it all together you will confirm that the steering shaft rubs and have to take it out to make the dent for clearance and do the install all over again.