94 Eclipse GS idle

DrEvil3264

well i just got my car out of the shop, got all the belts replaced, and my balance shaft set. Now after driving maybe 400 miles after that service, it seems to idle all over the place, it will ussually idle around 1100 rpms, now it will go to about 1600, drop to 1100, then build back up to 1600 and drop again, what could be causing this?, and how could i stop it?

ISC: Idle Speed Control motor, small motor located just underneath of the intake manifold, at least on a 4g63 anyway, i don't know where it would be on a 420a.

i had the same problem a few month's ago. replace the motor and everything should be fine. motor new from the dealer is around 200 i believe but find one used and it's just as good. i got mine used from some dsm car fag for like 30 bucks. mrblunt has a turbo'd 420a, im sure he will chime in soon.

Since it's a '94 it's either a 4G63 (Dual Cam 2.0) or a 1.8 SOHC. If you've got the 1.8L the ISC is sitting behind the throttle body on the intake side. On the 4G63, it's underneath of the intake piping on the Throttle Body.

Go to www.vfaq.com and look under Intake and scroll down to the idle surge FAQ. That should help eliminate a lot of problems.