looking for after market parts for my grand prix

gt-titan

well i just bought a new car a 2000 pontiac grand prix gt , im looking for a good place to get after market parts for it . i have been on ebay but where else can i look . ill have pics up soon it's a very nice car, im just taking a brake from the fast seen for a bit, but i do want it to look good so little help would be nice. thanks .....

[ 06. September 2004, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: stang-gt ]

Guest FBody Addict

kenne bell out of california, they make parts for the 3.8l v6, which i believe is the engine in your car

they are also good for buick GN parts, or any other buick high performance parts

Originally posted by Jesus Hates Me:

kenne bell out of california, they make parts for the 3.8l v6, which i believe is the engine in your car

they are also good for buick GN parts, or any other buick high performance parts

No. The 3.8l is not a 3800. They are 99.4% different from eachother.

Originally posted by stang-gt:

yeah it's the 3.8 l v6 not the 3800 if theres a diff, but thanks for the info

If it's a 2001, it's a 3800. 3800 is a 3.8l, but it is NOT the 3.8l out of the old Buicks.

You have a 3800.

well i went out to check and it has on the cover 3.8 not 3800 and it's a 2000

The motor is a 3800. It is 3.8 liters, but it is not a 3.8l like in the old Buicks. The old Buicks were called 3.8, your motor is called a 3800.

i also found a supercharger used for 300 ,would it be hard to switch over the supercharger came off a 3.8 that was in a grand prix what other parts would i need to make work?

No, you have to change everything to make it work. You are better off finding an entire transaxle/motor/harness assembly and doing a full swap. You cannot bolt on the GTP supercharger onto your GT.

The 3800 series I (late 80's to 1995.5) is about 50% different from the original 3.8 in the turbo Buicks. The 3800 series II (1996-current) has almost nothing in common with the original 3.8. Here is the list:

Connecting rod bolts

That's it.

There are lots of things you can do with it. Go to www.clubgp.com and learn about it. Your motor code is "L36" and that is how people will refer to it. The blown motor is "L67." Get used to hearing that.

Have fun.

Originally posted by Jesus Hates Me:

and i though the main diff was the heads in the series II just flowed a hell of a lot better, but i knew it was different from the turbos

No, the Series II is a completly different motor from the 3.8 and the Series I.

Heads, block, accesories, EVERYTHING.

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful when buying mods from them, I now sign my paychecks straight over to INTENSE :D

They know their stuff and will never guide you in the wrong direction, great guys, extremely lucky to have them so close.

Brad