Beater Night

nismo

I'll come, with the Corolla SR5 that I just got, as long as it's on a thursday or a sunday evening. Despite being rather *slow* it's a good car for teaching me stuff I wanted to learn (No, not drifting. I know the SR5 is no good for that, and the engine is really weak anyway. I got it to get used to manual transmissions. Maybe after I restore it I'll save up to convert it to Corolla GTS spec, and then have some fun with it.)

Originally posted by Kuruma:

I'll come, with the Corolla SR5 that I just got, as long as it's on a thursday or a sunday evening. Despite being rather *slow* it's a good car for teaching me stuff I wanted to learn (No, not drifting. I know the SR5 is no good for that, and the engine is really weak anyway. I got it to get used to manual transmissions. Maybe after I restore it I'll save up to convert it to Corolla GTS spec, and then have some fun with it.)

you can drift a SR5, I've had mine sideways a time or two :D with a busted right rear stock,open diff., and maybe 60rwhp you just have to learn to drive the car you have. By no means could I win any events with it but its possible to get her drift'n. If you would read anything on how to Drift you would find out most people will tell you to learn in a car that is underpowered so you will learn to use the car and not the power.

Originally posted by Nismo:

you can drift a SR5, I've had mine sideways a time or two :D with a busted right rear stock,open diff., and maybe 60rwhp you just have to learn to drive the car you have. By no means could I win any events with it but its possible to get her drift'n. If you would read anything on how to Drift you would find out most people will tell you to learn in a car that is underpowered so you will learn to use the car and not the power.

Well, yes, you CAN drift an SR5, but I wouldn't want to drift *THIS* SR5. It's a real beater in every sense of the word tongue.gif I was warned not to fill the gas tank up all the way (rust damage, I was told, but a tank can be had for 50-75 bucks) Had to jumpstart it today to get it over to Advance (think I may need a new battery), to see if they had a hose for it in stock. It's missing one but still drives, shittastically. The radiator cap prolly needs replaced as well, as after longer drives (from Cleveland Ave, to Roberts Rd, via 270) steam is coming out from the radiator cap, and you can hear it bubbling to all hell (the car isn't overheating at all though), a few things that are supposed to be screwed down are just hanging lose (like the box for the fuses under the hood) That and I've only been driving a stick since I got it... Yesterday tongue.gif That and some of the rust issues makes me REALLY want to replace a LOT of stuff on it before I try abusing it, because I'd like to keep this car out of the junkyards, and convert it to GTS spec, after saving up money. In all this SR5 isn't a good drifting car right now. It's a restoration project and learn-to-drive-a-stick car. Oh, and the tires could bear to be replaced. Going to save up for a nice, cheap set of Kumho tires or something, since they've been good on my Neon so far.

And yeah, I actually do know a thing or two about drifting already smile.gif I think after some repairs, and more time to adjust to the car (my friend said he never saw anyone take to a manual transmission so quickly, and was suprised at how well I was doing after a couple drives), and a GOOD inspection by a more qualified person, I would be willing to try getting this thing sideways, but as is, It would be likely to kill the car. :D

BTW, hatch, or coupe? Mine's that grey hatchback that someone said they saw on Alum Creek and Livingston the other day. That AE86 was my payday gift to myself.

who wants to go to a beater meat, a beater is your beater cause you have something better, a beater is what you have to avoid driving the nice car,i see beaters enough as it is, lets have a no excuses bring out the hotsauce car meet, those are way more fun anyways