National Trails

Casper

Guest infamous me 235

Will my car past tech with a trunk-mounted battery if I hide it well enough?

What's the roll-cage and helmet requirements? Some reason the number's 11 and 13 ring a bell??

Guest infamous me 235
Originally posted by lustful:

13.9 for helmet.. i wanna say 12.9 for cage

have to go get my grandpas old motorcycle helmet smile.gif

and think about a cage :(

My personal bests are at NTR and I've been to Norwalk a few times, but weather might have had more of an effect on that fact.

One thing is for sure, NTR is considerably better than Marion, as long as the power doesn't stop the action for 2 hours

Guest Dark_Viper01
I wouldn't realy know, as I wasn't there last year, but as far as everyone I've talked to there in the last two weeks has said, it's better, but not much better.

I am not sure how the new surface has helped any because we have not been there yet. I can honestly say that for the past 8 or 10 years that trails has sucked for fast cars. Go watch the Pontiac Excitement Nats and watch how many pro stock cars actually make a clean pass. Hopefully it is better now.

Originally posted by PEEDJOO:

hopefully i dont get busted sunday. there is a SLIGHT chance of a 11.xx and i definitely dont have a roll bar. but if it happens it happens

or 14s which ever is the more probable with someones first time with a new/untuned setup.

saturday is the day i will be tooning, sunday is the track day, sorry for the confusion. i'm not gonna make a pass on an untuned car. atleast it will be sumwhat tuned. i dont wanna blow my ish up

i never said what it would run, shit, i'm hopin to run a frickin 12 or 13 on the first run. thats why i'm tellin ya to run me sunday, so u can say u've beaten me, since i whooped u last year graemlins/thumb.gif . and that is IF i even have the car together this weekend. shit, i just pray the damn thing runs

hes no bullshitter. the kid has more time behind a race car than 90% of you guys and hes only 19/20. his car on a considerably smaller turbo and sidemount ic was in the mid 12's, should be able to blow that out of the water this year. HOPEFULLY. its a dsm , it will probably fall apart on the way there smile.gif

Originally posted by Car Enthusiast:

what is the rule on battery in the back??

Sorry this is long, but from NHRA.com

Any car with a relocated battery must be equipped with a master electrical cutoff, capable of stopping all electrical functions including ignition (must shut the engine off, as well as fuel pumps, etc.). The switch must be located on the rear of the vehicle, with the "off" position clearly marked. If the switch is of a "push / pull" type, then "push" must be the motion that shuts off the switch, and plastic or "keyed" typed switches are prohibited. Also, the battery must be completely sealed from the driver and/or driver compartment. This means a metal bulkhead must separate the trunk from the driver compartment, or the battery must be located in a sealed, metal box constructed of minimum .024 inch steel or .032 inch aluminum, or in an NHRA accepted plastic box. In cars with a conventional trunk, metal can simply be installed behind the rear seat and under the package tray to effectively seal the battery off from the driver. In a hatchback type vehicle the battery box is usually the easiest solution, since the alternative is to fabricate a bulkhead which seals to the hatch when closed. At present, Moroso is the only company which offers an NHRA accepted plastic battery box, part number 74050.

But I drive on the street. I don't want a big cut off switch hanging on the back.

This solution takes a little work, but it solves the problem. Install the master cutoff inside the vehicle, positioned "sideways" so that the toggle moves forward and back. Drill a hole in the toggle handle, and attach a steel rod that will run out the back of the car, through a hole drilled completely through one tail light assembly. Have a spare tail light assembly on hand, so when you come home from the drags, you remove the rod and put the cherry tail light back in for street cruising. Next time you plan on going to the drag strip, swap lights and reinstall the rod. Since the drilled light is for the strip only, you can also have it marked "PUSH OFF" in big letters so the Tech Inspectors will think you're cool.

i'm currently working on a chute setup. i too will need to drill a hole and run the switch later on this or next season. next season will incorporate a chute most likely. that will be fun to mount and be able to run on the street. i've thought of using the chute stand as a license plate holder when on the street.hehe