NHRA blows

Akula

In an effort to get some more money from the racing community, NHRA has imposed the following fee.

All Pit Vehicles must be registered and this registration will cost $10. Nice huh?

Also, they had kicked the idea around about charging for trailers that are greater than 30 feet in length. I guess they realized that is stupid but somehow the pit vehicle thing stuck.

I think it's good. Now hopefully it'll keep those kids that just ride the "pit vehicles" around being dumbasses or getting in the way to stop. He'll I hope there is a sticker or something that has to be put on the "pit vehicles". This could be a good thing, as long as they can register pit vehicles on the spot just in case. Now the over 30' trailor thing is just gay!

I agree that anyone under 16 should not be driving around and the speed limit in the pits is way less than most of them drive. But charging $10 is not going to stop this behavior. Throwing a few "daddy's" out for not policing their own kids will stop it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FastSaleen

If you think a $10 fee is bad, go race at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course for a weekend. They charge you $100 for a weekend if you want to take the pit vehicle out of the paddock and you are not allowed to have a quad out of the paddock no matter what. Only licensed vehicles or those with the $100 pass are allowed out of the paddock area.

FYI: NASA > SCCA too

Guest aftermidnight
Originally posted by FastSaleen:

If you think a $10 fee is bad, go race at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course for a weekend. They charge you $100 for a weekend if you want to take the pit vehicle out of the paddock and you are not allowed to have a quad out of the paddock no matter what. Only licensed vehicles or those with the $100 pass are allowed out of the paddock area.

FYI: NASA > SCCA too

+1......i'll agree with that....