anyone know how to bleed brakes?

Big Chief201

This may not apply to relatively new brake lines but through a combination of scenarios mentioned, heat and hard braking, rubber lines can become weak and expand with the hydraulic pressure instead of using that pressure to apply the brakes. That creates a "mushy" feeling. That's why some people use stainless steel braided lines. They don't weaken and expand.

first, brakes can become soft or mushy due to heat from using the brakes over time. Heat breaks the fluid down and air can get in via bubbles created. Otherwise, you could bleed the system once and be done forever. For racing, we bleed the system once a day at minimum.

Oh, do top and then furthest caliper like yoga said and the second caliper. I hit the top a second time.

Screw that pump deal... I use a bottle of water and a hose. Perfect.

I would agree that the brake fluid can break down over time reducing the lack of pressure. But you wouldn't have air in the lines because of that. Your brakes are a sealed system. Only way you are gonna have air in the brake lines is if you have a problem elsewhere.

Need to bleed air? Dont think so.

Need to replace brake fluid? Very possible.

aCtually, the fluid moving through the lines and calipers causes small air bubbles or foaming as the fluid breaks down. Those little bubbles need bled out. Again, bleed your brakes and do it right. Guarantee you'll have air in the lines in the form of bubbles after extensive use.