GAHANA! THE NEW NEW ROME!!!!!!!

Kurt B.

I dont know if I just got one A-hole cop, or if it was the end of the month Quota day or what, but-while coming into Gahana from I-270 in one hours time I saw one cop give out 4 tickets-he made one dangerous turn against the flow of traffic to get one lady who ran a yellow light and 3 u-turns on RT62-the third one to get me. He got me for tint, and get this his meter read 16%, when I know it was 35% because I just got it on 2 days before--I was o.k. w/that ticket I knew the tint was under the legal limit-but even if it was legal his meter would has still read 20% below what was really on the window--O.k. here's the bitch of it all-He also gave me a ticket for having an obstructed licence plate. Obstructed w/what you ask? A lightly smoked plate cover that he said he could not see my plate through when passing my car. He also continued to tell me that even the clear covers were illegal, even though they sell them at the D.M.V.-so all who like a nice looking ride beware the new NEW ROME-GAHANA!!!

I was pulled over in gahanna 2 days in a row last year for tint, but they gave me warnings both times. Now I just drive around gahanna. I was pulled over a few years back by a CPD and he gave me a ticket for tint, speed and license plate cover, and he even walked to the front of the car to see if I had a front plate on. graemlins/asshole.gif

• 1 month later...
I got busted just for a quater window in Gahanna, and also they have the sucktion cup reader and they will read all or any of your windows. My 5% window read 2%. :( anyway when he pulled off the reader it scratched my tint, I fought the ticket in court and got it dissmissed but court cost were still 50 bucks but hey the tickets are 90 bucks for anything less than 20%

My car passed a random state inspection by the state highway patrol. I had smoked license plate covers. I asked him if they were legal, because my wife got a warning about them from a Delaware County Sherrif's deputy a couple of months previously. He said there WERE legal. He said the law only states that the plates have to be visible, and he said mine were visible.

State law is one thing but each city can have its own ordinances that are stricter than the state laws. I think it's BS because unless you live there how are you suppose to know each cites ordinances that you drive through. It's also BS they use the excuse that if you drive there you should know them.

well i have to disagree you can fight any city ticket if the state laws says something different.

i used to get pulled over for window tint in hilliard all the time (everytime i passed through) it was bullshit and i got them for profiling. because one day they pulled me over for tint in the middle of the black country. i asked how he could tell i had window tint if there was no light out there except my headlights.

i just avoid the places i have to and gahanna is one of them

Guest Passatguy

I have tinted license plate (smoked), and green neons under my passat. Everytime I went out of my driveway cops would pull me over saying the neons were illegal, and the plates were hard to see. aftyer the 8th warning from 3 different cops. I decided to do some searching through the ohio motor vehicle website. this site will tell you all you ned to know about lights, and plates/window tint.

http://www.state.oh.us/ohiostatepatrol/FAQ.html#eq3

Lights must not rotate, oscillate, or flash, but state law does not prohibit the use of colored neon lights under your car as long as they do not interfere or blind other drivers.

Ohio Revised Code, section 4513.17 prohibits flashing lights on motor vehicles with the exception of emergency vehicles, turn signals, and hazard flashers.

Direct quote= As long as the neon lights are less than 300 candle power they are not in violation of any State law. If the lights are more than 300 candle power they must be directed to strike the pavement the vehicle sets upon at a distance of no more than 75 feet. The lights can not exceed 500 candle power. Colored lights, such as neon lights around a license plate, could be illegal if the light illuminates the plate and changes the colors of the plate. State law requires a white light to illuminate the rear license plate.

I cary this with me in my car, and When I get pulled over I just show them this and they let me go. I say fuck the cops! go back and eat a donut

Guest Silvrbmw1
i've had more than my share of all sorts of tickets. my 20 % tint magically turned to 9% right in front of my eyes!! wow, can you believe that!! i know i sure as hell don't. i understand, and respect cops for "WHAT THERE SUPPOSED TO DO." watch over and keep the community "SAFE." neons, different color bulbs in marker lenses, window tint, and a loud exhausts do not pose any sort of threat what so ever to a community. 95% of street bikes are louder than any of our cars on this site, guarendamntee it!! my truck is flat out loud, and annoying as hell. but a damn R-6 w/ a factory exhaust is still louder. it's all bogus. cops can really be dickheads when there's no rhyme or reason to be one!!!