Twelve Tickets Issued In Two Hours On I-670

High Octane

Motorists Asked To Slow Down On I-670

Twelve Tickets Issued In Two Hours

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Ohio Department of Transportation urged motorists Wednesday June 2, 2004 to slow down on Interstate 670 through downtown Columbus.

The Columbus Freeway Patrol stepped up its enforcement of the speed limit Wednesday at ODOT's request.

Columbus police wrote 12 speeding tickets in two hours during the first day of the special enforcement effort. The average speed was about 69 mph.

The increased patrols will last indefinitely.

Originally posted by High Octane:

The average speed was about 69 mph.

I'm assuming that it was in the zone downtown where the speed limit goes from 65 to 55? :confused: 'Cause 4 MPH over is a pretty shitty ticket to get... graemlins/wtf.gif

Originally posted by Wease:

I'm assuming that it was in the zone downtown where the speed limit goes from 65 to 55? :confused: 'Cause 4 MPH over is a pretty shitty ticket to get... graemlins/wtf.gif

Yea, everyone zips through there. I WANT to do 58-60 cause I'm trying to not get another ticket for a while, but I don't like getting passed by SEMI TRUCKS. redface.gif

Guest stvbreal
Here's a kick in the ass. Try following trafic and get pulled over out of a bunch of others going the same speed then having the cop tell you the reason he pulled you over and not any other speeder is because your car looks faster. Selective speeding. Gotta love it. :rolleyes:

Guest visualpoet
It reminds me of the old joke about the guy who asked the cop why he pulled him over and not everyone else. the cop told him "You ever go fishing? You always catch all the fish?" :lol:

I think that news report is BS and was released only to scare people. I drive that everyday back and forth during rush hour, and some days twice a day and I have not seen one cop.

Not saying to speed, but I have not seen one cop yet. All week and all weekend (crossed 5 times this weekend, back and forth).