Opinions on the look?

MrMeanGreen

Opinions on the look?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Opinions on the look?

• Old look, new logo
    • Old look, old logo (new logo still on homepage)
    • New look to complement the new logo (current forum colors)

This was tried before, without much success. However, I wanted to make the board look compatible with the new logo in the corner. However, I have a few suggestions I want all of you to vote on.

1) Keep the old look, with the new logo

2) Keep the old look, with the old logo on the board only. The new logo will still reside in much bigger format on the main homepage

3) Go with the new look (which this forum is in now) to complement the new logo

This poll will stay up for a bit, no hurry. Also, fee free to post your suggestions smile.gif

Guest stevil

I voted old look, new logo.

The new logo looked OK with the old board scheme, it even has orange in it for the links, white for the background, and the dragstrip sort of matched the purple boxes.

This scheme matches it a little better, but too dark. I'd keep the orange links instead of baby blue.

Guest nevarmore
Originally posted by Steve-O:

I voted old look, new logo.

The new logo looked OK with the old board scheme, it even has orange in it for the links, white for the background, and the dragstrip sort of matched the purple boxes.

This scheme matches it a little better, but too dark. I'd keep the orange links instead of baby blue.

I like the old look as well. It was readable, easy to navigate. Besides every damn message board on the internet now has this kind of craptastic overabundance of color schema.

Theres also the web design consideration. This is a case where it would be best to let the user choose what they want instead of mandating a color. I don't know if UBB will allow the browser to do so.

Originally posted by Jasons TSi:

dark colors will get me in trouble at work... heh. The gray/white is much easier to disguise.

just a thought from someone that doesnt matter.

I agree.... now if I log on at work, people know I'm screwing off... where before, they wouldn't. ;)

Originally posted by Nevarmore:

This is a case where it would be best to let the user choose what they want instead of mandating a color. I don't know if UBB will allow the browser to do so.

Unfortunately, this version doesn't support user optional formats for the board look. The new version does, but other than that, it doesn't really offer anything more than this version. Plus, the amount of hacks on here now blow away the features of v6.5 smile.gif

Guest stevil
Originally posted by YMN:

I agree.... now if I log on at work, people know I'm screwing off... where before, they wouldn't. ;)

You shouldn't be screwing off at work, we'll have to talk to your boss about this. tongue.gif

Guest RJ1074
I like the idea of change, but I just think that this color scheme is too dark. IMO the colors are less inviting and will cause people not to stay and look around as long. Maybe change it to a red and light blue or something. Right now it feels very Gothic.

Guest neonfink
Originally posted by White Supra:

If I was a goth and ate rabbits, I would like this color scheme, but it is horrible and makes me feel like leaving.

err.. what he said.

The graemlins dont look as good agaisnt the dark background either.

Originally posted by MadMalibu:

Not really digging it, looks to much like COFBA. Im not saying that's a bad thing, but I liked having the two boards having different colors.

-Marc

Beat me to it, but I do like the dark look

• 3 weeks later...
  • Casper unlocked this topic