Took a trip to the dyno today...

Sam1647545489

Originally posted by N/A Again:

Yeah, Todd's engine popped I believe on the first try with the 200 shot. However, he'd also been running a big turbo setup prior to that, so the engine was stressed as it was.

How many miles on the clock, Sam? I think I'm gonna do some searching on LS1Tech about this situation. I'm starting to believe that Sam may actually hold the record for stock engine nitrous setups smile.gif

I thought the turbo motor went to tom for use with his procharger and this was a fresh stock shortblock he was gonna spray and try to get the stock bottom end record.

nice numbers sam. id think witha a 126mile trap youd be at about 500-550rwhp, depending on weight.

next Todd (reckless) blew his motor doing an UNtuned 200-250 shot (somewhere around there) he tuned it for a 150-175ish shot but just threw racegas in and up the shot size, so it was untuned for that large of a shot. the hole in his engine was big enough you could stick your fist in it.

He was on a direct port as well.

next that engine was Tom's(nbm00ws6's) old stock bottom end (they swapped engines) as Tom got recklesses 347 iron block set up for FI.

Todds engine now consisted of a stock bottom end and my old 5.7L heads which he had ported by TEA and some big cam.

WHat octane you running sam?

and why go with an overpriced LPE turbo kit when you could get a turbotech twin kit for 8 grand? JMO

I was runnin 100 octane completely. I had just enough gas to make it to the station on hamilton, put 1/2 tank of 100 and went from there. As far as the TT kit, I havent seen any other kit that will come with a 2yr/36000 mile warranty and the proven success with that kit. Also I have not the turbotech kit but if it is anything like the Halltech, no thanks I wouldnt want that kit. Cant even get the hood back on the car and if you did those turbos would melt the paint right off.

Honestly Sam, why not go supercharged like mine? You see what kinda numbers/power I make, and I've got about $5k invested in the kit and supporting mods. Now granted, I buy used stuff and I know IPS really loves to spite me with it, but I've been doing it for years and have had no failures do to that. It all depends on the seller, and I am skeptical from the very beginning.

Hit me up if ya wanna talk more, I've got some good ideas for you smile.gif

definaly go turbos,

but if you want a warentte go with LPE, i guess, but your paying for the warrentee thats for sure.

also livernois motorsports can get bigger turbos in the vettes for the turbotech kit.

it is a very clean system check out the pics on www.turbotechnologyinc.com it fits stock hood and looks very similar to the LPE set up, just alot lesss, just trying to save you some money.

Originally posted by smokeforless:

next Todd (reckless) blew his motor doing an UNtuned 200-250 shot (somewhere around there) he tuned it for a 150-175ish shot but just threw racegas in and up the shot size, so it was untuned for that large of a shot. the hole in his engine was big enough you could stick your fist in it.

He was on a direct port as well.

next that engine was Tom's(nbm00ws6's) old stock bottom end (they swapped engines) as Tom got recklesses 347 iron block set up for FI.

Todds engine now consisted of a stock bottom end and my old 5.7L heads which he had ported by TEA and some big cam.

I think todd tuned for a 175 shot and ran it before without problems, he tried a 200 shot and blew it. Not that big of a jump but I wasn't there so I'm not sure.

Originally posted by The Vette:

Heres what I did. I used the same setup that I had on the car. Which was the NX soleniods. Still had my old NOs stuff, ghetto hooked it just for the dyno to see what would it do. Had a Nx 4 pronged fogger that flowed a 400 shot at max. The hook up on the second stage trust me was really quick and very ghetto licuous. That is why I gotta take it off this week decide if I wanna keep it on and hook it up nicely. The thing that is questionable on keeping the second stage is that the motor is starting to get loose. What I mean by that is that I picked up 15rwhp from the last dyno time just on the motor, no spray. So that tells me that things are opening up in the motor and thats not good. So now I am stuck here on what to do. Should I keep it in there and dont worry about the motor since it will be goin to LPE in 3 months and risk not being able to drive the car for awhile or leave the 150 shot in remove the 2nd stage try to ride the motor out until its shipped off and save what I got... As far as records I dunno, I have saw a guy run a 225 shot on the stock motor at the track somewhere in the west coast and run a 11.03 or something so, the motor is capable of holding that as long as fuel mixture is right but it was a scary feeling getting ready to hit that 2nd stage...

what did you put down w/o nitrous? also, do you have any other mods?

just curious because i was running against a 99 vette up at Norwalk a couple weeks ago and was suprised by his times.