Oil Change?

Dr. Pomade

Any recommendations on where to get an oil change for the Z06? I don't have time or the inclination to do it myself, and I don't feel comfortable enough taking it to a Jiffy Lube, Sprint Lube, etc.

Money really isn't an issue either.

Thanks in advance.

in worked at a fastlube.. and i msut say they are thourough with what they do. jsut get a synthetic blend, or full synthetic oil. the rest of the oil is garbage. and wiht that oil change they check tire pressure, lube all the fittings, check your diff fluid, tranny fluid, washer fluid, bnlah blah blah..

Guest Ranger_Man
Take it to the valvoline near the powell road and sawmill intersection around noon on Monday. Look for an old brown 300D Mercedes in the parking lot. That would be Bill's car, he is the manager there. He knows his shit and is a good guy to boot.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

Any recommendations on where to get an oil change for the Z06? I don't have time or the inclination to do it myself, and I don't feel comfortable enough taking it to a Jiffy Lube, Sprint Lube, etc.

Money really isn't an issue either.

Thanks in advance.

john,

bring it by and we will take care of it for you. besides you still owe us a few rides ;)

mike

Another suggestion? Go to Maxton Chevy on rt 161, they have a stand alone oil change facility. They'll put the factory spec "Mobil 1" in her too. In their main service garage they have a specially trained Corvette Tech, he's very very good & he's worked on mine, you have to make an appt for him though :D

Originally posted by 12499470:

why not just take it to the dealership where you bought it?

Because (1) I trust the dealership only slightly more than I would trust your generic Jiffy Lube and (2) if I can help it, I'd rather not drive 30-some miles across town to get an oil change.

Also, Mike, having you guys do it would be great, but my impression is that IPS is a bit too busy to fuck around with oil changes right now. ;)

Originally posted by The Vette:

John gimme a call. I can come up to your place and do it. Or I would take it to IPS. Let them do it..

If not for the oil change, then maybe to lower the car on the stock springs - I've got to get rid of some of this fender well gap.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

Because (1) I trust the dealership only slightly more than I would trust your generic Jiffy Lube and (2) if I can help it, I'd rather not drive 30-some miles across town to get an oil change.

Also, Mike, having you guys do it would be great, but my impression is that IPS is a bit too busy to fuck around with oil changes right now. ;)

john,

we are busy, but we would have no problem hooking you up with an oil change.

:cool:

mike