wow, that looks REALLY good.

some things that I noticed right away that definately wouldn't make it are:

door handles aren't realistic

side mirrors are too small

might not be enough space for the flip-around headlights

brakes are too small

wheels/tires are way to big

a production vehicle would have a lot more gap between the tires and fenders

the front looks to be a tad bit short. If this design plans on having the engine mounted like in the 4th gens, then the passenger compartment needs to be longer.

Overall, I would have to guess that this pic did not come from anyone at GM. However, that would be a great car to build.

I tend to think that there is probably a lot more to that design than you might think. While I agree that there are a lot of design elements that won't make it, there are quite a few hints at what the next gen Camaro might look like. You just have to read between the lines a little.

1) Door handles aren't realistic. - Well, yeah. It is a concept after all...

2) Side mirrors are too small. - Yup.

3) Might not be enough space for flip around headlamps. - Yeah, maybe, but you can be pretty certain that it won't use the same style mechanism that the '69 did. While I do think that it'd be cool to have the hide away headlamps, I would tend to think that they used them as a design element mostly to get people excited about the car.

4) Brakes are too small. - Not for a production car...

5) Wheels and tires are way too big. - Yeah, but again, it is a concept illustration

6) Wheel gap. - Absolutely correct. Again, though, being a concept illustration, it doesn't have to have appropriate wheel gap.

7) The front end looks short. - What do you mean? If you mean vertically, have you seen the C6? If you mean horizontally, I would have to disagree. To me, it looks like it would be plenty long enough and tall enough to accept an LS2 and still have a reasonable amount of room for the weekend warrior to do his own mods in the garage. I also have to imagine that positioning the engine as they did in the 4th gens is the last thing that GM would want to do. Quite frankly, part of the reason that the Mustang outsold the Camaro was due to the fact that female buyers didn't feel comfortable not being able to have at least some concept of where the front end of the car is. In that respect, this design makes a lot of sense. A more upright windshield not only makes it easier to work on the engine, it also allows for a more upright seating position.

In the end, I think that is hot as hell, and would stand in line to get one as long as it has the muscle to back up its look. Maybe some photoshop guru could work a little magic and make the wheels a little smaller, the mirrors a little bigger, the ride height a little higher, and put some fixed headlamps in the grille, and assuming it is a GM authorized picture, I bet you'd be pretty close.

My two pennies.

As just an idea, I love it. It definately would need some work to be a real car, but if they do chose a body style similar to that I'd be ready to go pick one up.

Originally posted by Zeitgeist:

Anyone else notice the plug for "www.creatingthelie.com" at the bottom of the pic? graemlins/wtf.gif

yeah, I did. I think even before I took a good look at the pic.

Originally posted by Venomss:

Anything looks better than an 05 Mustang.

"Retro" look = graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

I Agree 100%

Don't get all worked up over this picture. It's obviously a photoshoped image of the promo pics of the Chevy SS concept from a few auto shows ago. The guy just moved some styling elements around and created a 'new' front end.

Originally posted by Neo:

Obviously this is just someone’s own rendering of how they might like the car to look. Is there even anything solid on the rumor mill of GM re-releasing this car again or is this just some more wishful thinking?

As I said.

This pic means nothing. Some guy photoshopped the promo pics of the Chevy SS concept. They mean nothing. The doors, mirrors, vents, roofline, door handles, etc. are all the same, just cut and pasted. There may be a 2008 Camaro in the works, but this pic means nothing.

incase no one noticed to begin with, (and this is not bout the picture even though it is obviously a photoshop)

the mustangs form 94 and up all had "retro" styling line to them, true the 05 is closer to lookin like the original then any other generation,

but lets see, 94+ all have side cowls, the body styles on the coupes were designed to simulate the 65 fastback's, tail lights are a dead give away on the 99's and up...

so if you dont want a retro styled mustang, dont buy one any newer then 93

hell, half of the ppl on here that own a mustang and said you dont like the retro styling, in fact do drive a mustang with "retro" stylings to them