Sell for new Evolution8???

Guest Varioram

Originally posted by Varioram:

Mike, I'm not sure about 25psi on the stock turbo but if you installed the toda 2.3l stroker kit, a hks 3037S turbo kit, ran a 50-75 shot, ran a standalone ems, and did all the necessary changes to back it up correctly... how much would you expect to see from it? I'm no genius but I would think at least 560awhp without the juice, right?

You'd be very fortunate to see 500whp with a 3037 and no spray. Its basiacally a GT30r variant and isn't going to make that much power. I'm not a big fan of stroker kits for these cars in general. I would rather see the 2.0l wind out to 9k. Last year, there were numerous shops running deep 10s all year on the stock gearbox/drivetrain(except clutch). The one thing that has surely been proven on the EVO is the robustness of the drivetrain compared to a DSM.

Sorry to stray off topic.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend has a 2.3 Stroker Talon with an EVOIII 16G. At 20 PSI he has 322WHP and 370 lb-ft of torque. No nitrous, no standalone. That's about the limit of the 16G and a 3037S is bigger so you could make more power. He says it's a blast to drive on the street and he's mad he didn't build a stroker the first time.

http://www.msprotege.com/members/Mallard/Pics/Dyno_Chart1.jpg

/offtopic

Originally posted by Mallard:

My friend has a 2.3 Stroker Talon with an EVOIII 16G. At 20 PSI he has 322WHP and 370 lb-ft of torque. No nitrous, no standalone. That's about the limit of the 16G and a 3037S is bigger so you could make more power. He says it's a blast to drive on the street and he's mad he didn't build a stroker the first time.

http://www.msprotege.com/members/Mallard/Pics/Dyno_Chart1.jpg

/offtopic

560whp is a little more than 322. So because he made that number on a 16g(with a different car), you are assuming he can make 240 more hp with a bigger turbo that you know nothing about? Anyone can make those kind of numbers on a 16g (with a 2.0l). It obviously gets a tad a harder as you start climbing up the HP ladder. The 3037s turbo from HKS isn't going to make a number like that without spray. HKS rates the maximum output of the turbo at 480hp. There are plenty of other choices to net that output but that turbo isn't going to do it.

No, I'm not saying he could make 560 hp with the 3037. I was saying he could make more then the 322 shown. I didn't make any claims as to what that turbo could do because I am not familiar with the specs, I just know it's bigger and capable of more power then a 16G.

Originally posted by Mallard:

No, I'm not saying he could make 560 hp with the 3037. I was saying he could make more then the 322 shown. I didn't make any claims as to what that turbo could do because I am not familiar with the specs, I just know it's bigger and capable of more power then a 16G.

Sorry. I looked back and confused your comment with the one Varioram made about the 560whp. My bad.

There are much better turbos for the EVO than the HKS 3037 kit and much better ways to go than building up a stroked motor.

And what the hell are all these people discussed in this thread doing to their cars? I'm at 45,000 miles, modded, not babied, stock clutch, tranny, etc.

Anyways, back to the subject, I may have missed it. What kind of driving/performance criteria are you looking to meet?

Originally posted by Varioram:

Chad, Actually for the same coverage on the 911 VS the Evo, the evo is about 70 dollars more a month. Now believe me when I say I've looked into everything I can think of. The porsche... $200 oil changes every 3k miles (includes labor), $410 maintainance every 15k miles (includes labor), $850 maintainance every 30k miles (includes labor), $1200+ for tires every 30k miles, and with gas prices as current... about $120 in gas every month (accounts for more consumption when sprinting) Now for the Evo... $60 oil changes every 3k miles (includes labor), service needed every 60k miles for estimating 3-500, and monthly gas estimated at 180-200 (estimated consumption with mods NOT stock)... as for what I want out of the car? I want everything the 911 has but I want it faster, in fact I've been trying to talk to dealers and get a 96' or 97' 993 Twin Turbo but its a bit hard to get a 20k loan for an 19yo. :(

You either need to sell the car or do some of the work yourself. I bet that Byer's or MAG loves it when you come in. :confused:

Guest jo151
Forget both get an sti..with 10k in mods you could get rid of the understeer and get make some serious reliable horsepower. Plus the sti is a much better everday car than the evo. And you don't have to deal with that cheap lancer interior.