Bad tune

desperado

Found out the other night just how out of tune the camaro was. After having Shawn comment about it being so rich that it made his eyes water, and that he was running up my ass with his beater turbo car I figured it was time to look at the tune on the car again.

So just to see how fat the secondary side was, as I had never tuned it, I disconnected the linkage.

I went out to me normal testing spot. cleaned off the tires a bit and tried to launch the car. Found that I now could not footbrake launch the car over 1500 RPM because I would send the rear up in smoke every time I tried. I then attempted to do an idle launch (just stomp on it) had to lift 3 times, got back in it the 4th time and had the WORST wheel hop I have ever experienced. Pulled up through 6000 RPM without a problem, where before at 5200 the car would fall in it's face. It did seem a bit mushy above about 4800 still but no where near as bad as it was.

After all that I still blackened the plugs, without the secondaries even being connected. Seems I need to spend a bit more time with the jet kit and a screwdriver getting this thing right.

Also, I have one of those G-Tech meters that show G force, 1/4 mile time, 1/8 mile time and trap speed. While it's not overly accurate on the 1/4 mile time or the horsepower rating (showed the Durango as having 496 HP) it is a good indicator for better/worse when tuning as long as you use the same strech of road to test on. It had always shown .38 G through 4000 in 1st then would fall off as the torque curve fell.

After getting the car hooked, after all the bouncing around and wheel hop was in check it pulled .61 G chear out to 4800 and fell down to .34 at 6000 for the shift.

So it's starting to come together. To bad I didn't bother with this until winter is almost here.

Originally posted by Ridenred27:

that is what happens when you make a hot rod a daily driver. my mustang is the same way right now i need to spend some quality time with her and tune that monster 2v carb. (it flows like 650cfm)

Thats why fuel injection is so great. Have your cake and eat it to.

400++ rwhp daily drivers with ease.

go to the kitchen with the crap. it seems to me that the c5docter is unable to build a quick car so why not buy one. that goes for THE VETTE and dragknee66 to. when all three of you have some thing worth bragging about call me ill be glad to take your money. from a dig or a roll either way you would like graemlins/grin2.gif oh no six second passes for the three of you either. the three of you couldnt build a six second car. let alone drive it

Well, it just proves my point right here. I am two for two of the same bunch of fucksticks gaying up my thread. But it shows who REALLY runs this board. Anthony and Chris claim to, but that's bullshit. These three do. They do and say what they want, when they want where ever they want to. And NOTHING is said about it, not by the admins or the moderators of the forum. I love the double standard around here, listening to people say that this shit is not going to go on. Then letting it happen, and not having the balls to stand up and stop it. After all the bullshit about this being better than raceclub, and being different than raceclub, and the administration not condoning the shit that goes on in the raceclub site. It makes me fucking laugh, the IS raceclub, or it's run by RaceClub members.

And the funny part is that only a few will get to read this, either I will get edited, never mind the gayness above, or it will get moved to the Kitchen and turn into another stupid fucking thread, that has nothing to do with the original topic. That's what you got now.

Enjoy it. I am tired of it, I am tired of hearing that shit going to change, and that the personal attacks and bullshit will not be continuing, then hearing how nothing can be done because someone's buddy is some elite hacker and if he gets banned that the board will get hacked and brought down. It's all a bunch of bullshit. At least we all know now who the real nutswinger is. And I ain't involved, seems that one or both of the administrators, and the mods of this forum swing like Tarzan from the raceclub sack though. In fact yall are good enough that you would do well in the nutswinger olympics, maybe end up in the hall of fame. You can all go down in history for winning the gold, silver and bronze in nutswinging.

Oh well, I think I have seen and said enough on this. But I don't figure that I am gonna hang around for the sequel.

[ 14. October 2004, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: desperado ]

Originally posted by Ridenred27:

go to the kitchen with the crap. it seems to me that the c5docter is unable to build a quick car so why not buy one. that goes for THE VETTE and dragknee66 to. when all three of you have some thing worth bragging about call me ill be glad to take your money. from a dig or a roll either way you would like graemlins/grin2.gif oh no six second passes for the three of you either. the three of you couldnt build a six second car. let alone drive it

Looks as if Ridenred27 is having difficulties. He is in a dilema, with himself, as to which to pay for first. The addition to his 800 square foot home or throw on another four barrel carb to his tunnel ram intake. You are just another squirrel throwing the "just go buy one" excuse as a means to suffice your dreams. I could go buy a 68 Nova and throw in a 434 or even a big block 502 and run 9's all day. However, what is the fun in that. I CHOOSE to buy technology and put my mind to work and build me a 25mpg, 200mph, 10 sec daily driver. Could you do that? Are you capable of this? NO is the answer we seek.

Seems as if you are lost-in-translation on this one. The person of interest WAS claiming to have/build a six second budget car and has yet to provide. Not any of us. If you wish to dig deeper, let's play.

first off where do you get off worring about my shack. second a tunnel ram is gay and is all look.third let me see you build a 434. and try the 68 nova with a 502 you will be highly dissapointed with the overall preformance. 11.50 if you are lucky.

lets see that 200mph run lets see 10,s lets see the 25mpg. prove me wrong that you can do these things with your daily driver. who did you machine work who swaped it who tuned it wasnt you for the most part it seems that you read a catalog and bought the first this that cought your eye.

since you dont know who i am i will tell you that YES i can build YOU such a car. cough up the cash and i will build you that said car. that is what i do ask around.

my question to you and many other why dont you all come out and run your chops about what you have instead of sitting behind the keyboard. i love to debate in person so when your ready come on out.

Guest Elinar Longsight
This is BS. Why can't anyone make a damn thread without it turning into a "who has a bigger dick" argument? Keith is right, its the same people trashing any thread he makes. I am going to lock this and if you feel the need to cry about how every thread gets locked blah blah blah, just go back and re-read the rules. The only place this crap is tolerated is in THE kITCHEN. Keith, feel free to start a new topic about this if you so desire.

My reply:

Keith, quit your bitching. You start half the shit that people call you out on. Grow up, show some maturity, and quit flinging shit out if you can't take some on the rebound. You've gone out of your way on numerous occasions to start something with people, and expect protection when you're chastised by these same people you've attacked. It's not mine or Chris' fault, it's yours. We're not gonna save you, so fight your own battles and quit placing the blame of your shortcomings on us.

You bitch about RC. You bitch about CR. You bitch. Period.