Trade in STi for CTS-V?

Guest STi Guy

Guest STi Guy
Keep the advice coming. Everyone has great points to make. I am partial to my STi and the only way I would make the change is if the price is right. I like both and just can't decide.

Originally posted by Rally Red Evo:

... Stock for stock, equal drivers the STI should be quicker on a track.

I still disagree. More ancedotal evidence: Look at the recent MT supercar challenge. V the winner of the sedan class over the second place EVO and an STi well down the field. That was a mallet car that had just a supercharger and different wheels and tires, plus some suspension bushings. The 4bangers were moddified to the moon. V trounced em.

I still think around a road course a V wins. Certainly a fast course like say the Nurbergring where they did all of its tuning. :D

Now, cones in a parking lot, eh the STi would probably take. But then it can have it. The small cars always do well in grocery cart cavalcades.

Now take a V and place it in rally and see where it goes ...

Why would I want to do that? Along the same lines I also don't really need to see how many old cars I can jump n crush after I mount Monster Truck wheels on it. Or see how many moguls I can enduro on my Ninja ZX-11.

Originally posted by STi Guy:

I know a Caddy dealer and he said he could get me in a CTS-V for the same payment as my STi.

Reading is your friend tongue.gif

You can get 04 GTO's pretty cheap right now too. One guy wrote to Grassroots Motorsports saying he got one for $25k :cool:

Guest STi Guy
I don't know if there is any truly unbiased forum out there. Of course I posted this topic on a couple of Subaru forums and I got the usual responses: "Keep your STi, the V is American made". "The CTS V styling is not for me." If the payment is there, I am in the Caddy. I am not going to stretch myself to get into a comparable (performance wise) vehicle. I am beginning to understand the benefits and drawbacks to each. I should hear something today, so I will update.

Guest STi Guy
The "sticker" is around $53,000 on most of them. W/O sunroof, you are looking at $51,000. Cadillac is offering great incentives for March at the moment. I believe it's $2,500 off sticker and an additional $1,500 if the vehicle has been in stock past a certain date. Dealer price is right around $47,000.

Originally posted by WRC STYL:

your talking to domestic bias crowd.

I love how the board is looked at this way, yet about 1/2 of the board is import guys. Guess this is a "import bias" crowd too, right?? :rolleyes: Hell, this thread alone is 1/2 imports and 1/2 domestics.

CTS-V > Sti. True story (of course it costs more too). That's why for the money, I'd spend less than the Sti and get an 05 GTO. :D

Guest STi Guy
If I was not married, I would have a C6 or M3 by now. Need something with 4-doors, so when the child comes, I will have the room. I looked into the M3, but of course, there is less bargaining with BMW. I guess I would have a Vette with 2 more doors.

Originally posted by WRC STYL:

your talking to domestic bias crowd.

keep the sti and wave to the v in the winter and possiblly the summer too.

Both my modded cars were imports. And I think he should get the V.

Who cares about the winter, your not going to be racing around in the snow. And our winters arn't bad at all here. In the summer the V will be waving to the STi, an extra $800 for a nice nitrous set up and you have yourself a luxuary car that runs low 12's.