Teens with BMW's just don't mix

400 HO

Damn I thought I was super lucky that my dad bought me my 86 z24 that I realy wanted for my first car. I guess I should call him and find out where my m3 is :rolleyes: . I think ALL kids should start in one of three cars for there first, ether a old 4 cycl s10 or a k-car or a volvo like shawns. This way they learn to drive FIRST then add hp. And they need to be made to take the hp driving school at mid-Ohio before driving on there own.

I had a 240sx that costed 1,500 and was the car I really wanted. I haven't driven a car that just felt as natural and that I was as in control of since. Its weird.

Originally posted by buckeye:

Damn I thought I was super lucky that my dad bought me my 86 z24 that I realy wanted for my first car.

Thats cool...the first car I bought for myself was an '86 Cavi Z24 with the 2.8L V6. Black.

Wish I still had it....

Guest GSRchick714
Originally posted by NECO:

93 probe.. i loved it

i want a damn m3!

93 was such a better body style..but its still a Probe. Actually I didnt' have that many probs w/ mine-just had to get a new alternator and had a small oil leak.

Edit: I want a freakin M3 too!

Originally posted by Volvolution:

Dinan > Turner

Dinan + Turner = sick SICK M3

I have to disagree with you on the Dinan. Dinan = THE SUCK. Every product they make can be had cheaper and better by another company. Their software in particular is garbage. It has been proven that it produces no NP gains over stock AND on top of that it locks out the factory adaptation in the computer so if you get their software and then get more mods on top of the software...you'll actually loose power becasue the DME won't adapt to the new Mods you've done to the car and either run rich or lean.

Turner on the other hand...those guys know what they're doing.

Andy

still doesn't beat bill waldock, the kid that goes to Academy with me.

He's driving around in his brand new, 3" slammed, 2005 Nogaro Blue S4. Yes, the v8. His dad also throws him the keys to his TT 996 with $2400 racing chip and god-knows-how-expensive HRE's for the weekends.

He's not the most unappreciative person ever, its just that what bill wants bill gets. subarua will back me on this.

Originally posted by AudiOn19s:

I have to disagree with you on the Dinan. Dinan = THE SUCK. Every product they make can be had cheaper and better by another company. Their software in particular is garbage. It has been proven that it produces no NP gains over stock AND on top of that it locks out the factory adaptation in the computer so if you get their software and then get more mods on top of the software...you'll actually loose power becasue the DME won't adapt to the new Mods you've done to the car and either run rich or lean.

Turner on the other hand...those guys know what they're doing.

Andy

Ive only seen a few dedicated Dinan M's and they all made made pretty rediculous power. My uncle steve had a yellow one... it was making a hair over 560whp. Lots of boost, alky, and 100 octane did the trick. Dunno bout you, but it impressed the hell out of me.