2005 Mustang is in Production

SpaceGhost

I have heard from a reliable source that the new mustang started down the assembly line 2 weeks ago and that the commercials advertising it will be Bullitt meets the new Mustang.(Steve McQueen for the noobs that do not know who Bullitt is) I like the new style. Thought I would share with all the 'stang freaks around here! Who will be the first to own one here?

Originally posted by SpaceGhost:

Who will be the first to own one here?

Me, I'll own one from a dig or roll. :D Seriously though, I like the new ones, but if I was buying a Mustang it would be an '04 instead of an '05, I like them better. The new ones look really good with racing stripes though (and 420 HP), like this one.

Originally posted by Mowgli:

... holding to see what SVT does with it next year.

They are doing nothing next year. Or the year after. The Cobra isn't supposed to return until at least 2007 or 2008. Rumor has it, the next engine will be NA. I'd hang on to that '03 if I were you... ;)

Originally posted by SpaceGhost:

I read somewhere the 06 SVT Mustang is out Fall of 05........

Negative. In fact, Ford canned the new Lightning that was supposed to have 500+ HP as well. It will be a few years before you see anything out of SVT, unfortunately... :(

hmm, the next Cobra delayed? My wallet thanks SVT. But then I may just buy a GTO when they get some muscle... so my wallet weeps anyway.

But as for the delay - I'll see what it says in the next SVTOA mag. Colletti usually does an op-ed answering scoops in the media. But I wouldn't be surprised. There's no compelling reason for Ford to pay to make an SVT version of the new stang so soon. The body style alone will carry them thru 05-06 in sales. They don't need the Cobra as a Halo car with the Ford GT out now... And until or unless something comes on the market to challenge its market position (sales more than performance, but even on the performance side the Mustang GT at 300hp ~$21k there's no other new car that comes close), I can see them sitting on their business heels.

(The NASTY scuttlebutt is that SVT go absorbed by Team Mustang... but thats a nasty rumor. Kinda like how SVO evaporated inside Ford: other project managers come in and raid the team)

Can't say I'm hurt if the Cobra is delayed - I like my current car, and the Corvettes and GTOs have some neat things in their pipeline I might have to purchase. Hell I even kinda perked up hearing about that AWD Acura.

Originally posted by mesteno:

First 05 that I have seen purchased:

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select3170.htm

Uh, yuck. And what's up with that dork giving the Vanilla Ice VIP / Spock - Vulcan / Mork hand gesture in one of the photos? Dorky guy with a booty car.

Originally posted by Venomss:

Uh, yuck. And what's up with that dork giving the Vanilla Ice VIP / Spock - Vulcan / Mork hand gesture in one of the photos? Dorky guy with a booty car.

sad, i know. forgive him, he's from california.