Removing and reapplying badges

Mowgli1647545497

During a recent waxing I accidentally got the polishing cloth under one of the side V badges and bent it slightly away from the body. Nobody else seems to see it, even when I point it out, but its driving me nuts. I want to detach the badge, straighten it, then reapply. I am wondering what to use to remove it and then what adhesive to use to reattach it.

Anyone know the solvent and adhesive I should use?

Guest GSRchick714

I'm not sure what solvent to use...I know a few people who have taken it off by sliding dental floss or fishing line back and forth under the badge and it doesn't seem to leave much residue...I'm not sure if goo gone would mess it up or not.

But to put it back on, use an epoxy. I got one at AutoZone to reapply a badge once...just don't use much.

I've been told a hairdryer and fishing line or dental floss to get it off. WD40 to clean the tape residue. And then 3M double sided foam tape to reapply. Do you remember what epoxy you got at Autozone?

But I like the Goo Gone idea, I think that may be nice to my paint.

Masking tape or wax pen to mark the location, what do you think?

Originally posted by Tulo:

Use 3M adhesive remover. It will eat the glue off without harming the paint at all. We use it all the time at MAG.

Agreed. I use it too. The use 3M emblem and badge adhesive to reapply it. I've done it several times if you'd like to come over with your car, I have both products in my garage.

Guest GSRchick714

Sorry, I don't remember what kind of epoxy I used but I still have some (not much else to use it for) if you'd like to use it!

If you need to mark it, use some of that blue masking tape used for painting, its not super sticky so it won't mess anything up at all. smile.gif