Needing to get a hole redone on my 240's head

Veritas

My 240 engine i bought recently has a threaded spark plug hole /cross threaded or whatever, is anyone here able to do something to that possibly like re-thread it or do i just have to go buy a new head since that is messed up. Seems like id be able to just re-thread it but the guys who are working at it now tried to no avail but i don't know if that's because the head can't take it or they don't have the tools to do it or whatever. If someone could respond back ASAP id greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

T.c.

it is a replacement thread more or else. basiclly you rethread the hole for the helecoil to fit in then thread that inthe new hole. and then thread your spark plug back in.

also after you rethread your hold we used a cotton swab with grease on it and cleaned the out all/any metal shaving.

it took me the better part of a day to do but that was becuase i had to redo the plug on the firewall side of the engine (not fun)

alright cool thanks and yes, it's a SOHC. Geoff and his friend were suggesting i buy a new head since they i think he said he may have tried to re-tap it maybe? But i don't know if they have the right tools or not, or something. Anyways ill see about getting the helecoil and the retap. If they can't ill find someone who can do the retap.

Guest mudbutt
make sure it is a spark plug spacific kit, a regular helicoil has a wire across the bottom to put it in., the spark plug spacific is open. The kit is like $30 but comes with all you deed and extra coils. Well worth it.

sigh i have to buy a new head, the guy who was working on it neglected to say the head was also cracked, as well as the head on my old engine that they had cracked(it was already hosed but they thought they could use that head incase it wasn't completely dead) so now i HAVE to get a new head. God i wish this stupid thing would just be done already.

power i care not about, this car is just to get me back and forth to work and i've already spent way more for this little endevour then i wanted to. Looking back now I could of easily put this money into just getting my rx-7 back to stock form, but whatever. Anyways everything else about the car is ok except it needs a new head now graemlins/nonono.gif so if someone could PLEASE Get a hold of Shief for me that would be really fucking great. Thanks again.