Discuss Mods for a 2002 T/A WS6 6speed

Prodeje79

One of my friends has a stock T/A. He is debating to sell and get something new, but is curious to what mods are possible.

Please share your opinions on mods you recommend.

I know to go to Maxima.org for maxima information, what are good sites for the t/a?

Thank You

EDIT: Please do not post what you think he should buy. He has already test drove may cars anyway such as the Evo 8, STI, Z06, M3, G35, SRT4, and CTS V. BTW: He would not take a Mustang no matter what. tongue.gif

Depends on what he wants to do with it. Is he a drag racer, autocrosser, road racer, or does he just want a fun daily driver?

A friend of mine used to have a 2000 T/A WS6 that was prepped for ESP. It was competitive and very fun to drive.

Originally posted by Prodeje79:

I have been checking out that site, so far so good. :>

Did you wreck yours?

I am in Ashville now at my friends house.

You want this one? :>

Holding out for a 2002 Sunset orange metallic WS.6 with LOOOOOW miles. They're awfully hard to find, so I'm gonna assume this one isnt' what I'm lookin for. Am I wrong? Thanks for the heads-up though.

why are all you guys about spray... go turbo or supercharger depending on $$$$ lol

Heads and cam are awesome in those cars. (no picking on the mustang girl cause Ive had 4 trans ams one being supercharged too.)

Yesterday got to see a couple LS1 cars with cams, they sounded sooooo nice. Wish I would have got to do that to my 02 WS6 but oh well. lol

His wallet is the limit of mods, everything is out there to run into the 8's so far with that car. How much does he have to spend? And like said before, does he drag race, auotx, road race, a mix?

Originally posted by little devil98gt:

why are all you guys about spray... go turbo or supercharger depending on $$$$ lol

Heads and cam are awesome in those cars. (no picking on the mustang girl cause Ive had 4 trans ams one being supercharged too.)

Yesterday got to see a couple LS1 cars with cams, they sounded sooooo nice. Wish I would have got to do that to my 02 WS6 but oh well. lol

Whats wrong with spray? He isnt sure on keeping the car. You can take the kit off, and sell it, rather than ponying up 4-5k for a supercharger.

Originally posted by Vaccum Leaking V6:

ignore the mustang comments...

dude, go lid, full exhaust, nice cam like maybe a hammer cam or something, LS6 intake, a little bit of spray, and maybe some head work.. LS1's are pretty easy to work on, unlike LT1's.

That engine already has an LS6 intake. The rest of that is ok, except for the hammer cam part. smile.gif T-ReX or, like sam said, the G5X-3 is another badass cam. Either on a 114 LSA would make a badass nitrous cam.

Now, if he bought MY engine....he'd already have all the goodies he'd need. smile.gif

T-ReX cam, ported oil pump, dual valve springs, titanium retainers, 160* T-stat, Long tube headers with no emissions crap. the parts to build a true-dual X-piped exhaust system. I'll even sell him my nitrous setup too to go along with it.

^^above setup would give him well over 500HP and TQ^^

Plus, the engine only has 16k miles on it, with approx. 200 miles on all those mods.

He NEEDS my engine. smile.gif Might also need my T-56 tranny too. Just for backup. lol

Originally posted by Burst Knock:

http://www.jlturbo.com/

STS, the Powerdyne of the turbo world.

I saw a video w/ that damn thing, which runs a small turbo, on a 10.5:1 compression LT1 at only 6psi and you could STILL hear the lag. And their hyped up HP numbers are also at high elevation (4500' if I recall correctly).