wtb GTP

"1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (super charged) 80,000 miles, automatic, power everything, heads up display, nice rubber, you name it it has it.silver in color asking $8,200"

Not sure if it's still for sale, a friend from school has had it in his profile on AIM forever. I IMed and asked him if it was still for sale. As soon as I know I will post back here. Don't know if that's a good price or not? It's probably up near Lima, let me know what you think.

Originally posted by Trouble Maker:

"1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (super charged) 80,000 miles, automatic, power everything, heads up display, nice rubber, you name it it has it.silver in color asking $8,200"

Not sure if it's still for sale, a friend from school has had it in his profile on AIM forever. I IMed and asked him if it was still for sale. As soon as I know I will post back here. Don't know if that's a good price or not? It's probably up near Lima, let me know what you think.

99 with 80k is worth about 7k.

Originally posted by GTWEEE:

99 with 80k is worth about 7k.

Cool, I've never shopped for the cars so I had no idea what they normally go for. Still waiting on a reply from him to see if it's still for sale and to get some contact info. John could always talk to them and see what they will take for it if that age/mileage/color is within the parameters of what he (his wife) wants.

Guest GSRchick714
Depends on the year and mileage you would want. You can find them easily for under 10k but most gtp's have fairly high mileage. graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Originally posted by GSRchick714:

Depends on the year and mileage you would want. You can find them easily for under 10k but most gtp's have fairly high mileage. graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

That's fine. the 3.8 is a solid motor, you just may have to deal with transmission and suspension issues. Strut mounts, intake valley gaskets, and general mait. should be all that is required. Both of my GTPs were bought used with over 60k on the clock and turned out fine.

Aim for a 99+ because the 97-98s had some bugs.

Shit goes down hill though when you start playing with power :(

Originally posted by Trouble Maker:

Cool, I've never shopped for the cars so I had no idea what they normally go for. Still waiting on a reply from him to see if it's still for sale and to get some contact info. John could always talk to them and see what they will take for it if that age/mileage/color is within the parameters of what he (his wife) wants.

No worries smile.gif

When i was shopping for one, there was a trend. 50-60k mile cars are usually around 8,000-9,000$, after 75k the price goes to about 7, 100k, 6k etc.

There is alot of them out there!!

But only one goes vrooooooooom psch :D

Guest trans_am_matt
Whatever u do, just stay away from the dealerships. They will rip u off. I'm sure everyone knows that though/ BTW, ur TA looks badass -matt-

We just bought a 2004 GTP, dark red metallic, with the CompG package, 18K miles, chrome wheels, sunroof, 6 disk changer, XM radio, Onstar, pewter leather, heated seats, heads up display, and a GM certified used car. All for 20K. Good deal, I thought.

Originally posted by ZYUL8TR:

We just bought a 2004 GTP, dark red metallic, with the CompG package, 18K miles, chrome wheels, sunroof, 6 disk changer, XM radio, Onstar, pewter leather, heated seats, heads up display, and a GM certified used car. All for 20K. Good deal, I thought.

graemlins/eek2.gif

I may have to rethink the 4V motor path...