Need an amp repaired.

Total Sign

Not to hijack the thread or anything Tommy.

Lustalbert-I got a Legacy LA330 400 watt here I got for free. I cant get it hooked up. In order to get it to power up, I have to run a ground to the back(chassis) of the amp. Any ideas? Clean looking amp, guy said it was a year old when fucked up.

Guest wesxprs

Well looks like there are a few of us who need amps repaired. I have a Pioneer amp that needs an new circuit board. Don't think the problem it has can be fixed. I too was wondering who would be the best to get it fixed properly.

Wes

Originally posted by Browning:

Not to hijack the thread or anything Tommy.

Lustalbert-I got a Legacy LA330 400 watt here I got for free. I cant get it hooked up. In order to get it to power up, I have to run a ground to the back(chassis) of the amp. Any ideas? Clean looking amp, guy said it was a year old when fucked up.

bad conection on the circuit board, probably as simple as re soldering a circuit trace or replacing a conection. i could take a look at it and see.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

I have a Memphis 1000D amp in need of repair for a fair price. Anyone, anyone.

symptoms, age, last time used, what did it do?

If I can get my workbench finished and find the floor in my basement soon, Ill start fixing stuff like this, since it seems there is a demand for it.

Originally posted by Assured Risk:

Kicker KX 700.5

I can throw it on a scope, see how bad it is, and if i can find parts, fix her up.

Originally posted by wesxprs:

Well looks like there are a few of us who need amps repaired. I have a Pioneer amp that needs an new circuit board. Don't think the problem it has can be fixed. I too was wondering who would be the best to get it fixed properly.

Wes

mhat model, how old? depends on what is wrong on the board. if one transistor smoked and didnt take any of the preamp with it, or burn holes through the board, it could be fixable. if the board does need replaced, you may be better off buying a new amp. some proprioterry (sp) parts are imposible to find, or are so overpriced its not worth it to fix.

looking at the backside of the board, there should be some heavy solder traces, they go from the power input lugs to the power regulator and power capacitors. look along these heavy traces for any cracks in the board or the trace. Also, if you have a VOM, check the trace from one end to another, see if there is a bad conection, or just a lose sloder joint that intermitenetly conects when pressure is aplied or it wiggles.

solder acros the gap if it is together. If it is a gap where you could se light through it, you will need to bridge the gap. dont use a paper clip, its not really the right metal for the job. use the copper wire (fine strand) that you use for wiring your car. strip off all the insulation, and use it to help bridge the gap. make sure you get the joint good and hot for a good flow, and when you are done, make sure no solder splatter got anywhere else on the board where it could short something out.