Took a spin in an 04' GTO

Scotty2Hotty

Well finally got my chance behind the wheel of an 04' GTO. My first impressions were pretty much a V8 RWD grand prix, but then I stepped inside. The interior was quite comfortable, guages were bright and in your face, and the shifter was firmer than I thought. Finally the road, power wasn't too bad. I can't say I was incredibally impressed, but it was pretty nice for not being behind an LS1 for 8 months. They're offering me 34K$ or so but I doubt I'll bite, still waitin on 05' stangs then the decision may be made. Next test drive 01' Z06 around and an 02' Lightning.

Nice, ya that car...hmm mixed feelings. The looks just dont impress, but it should be pretty fast. Ive heard all kinds of stores about srt-4s beating them and what not. Would you buy that loaf or not? (I'm looking forward to that new soltice) ;)

Originally posted by Sapper21B:

I doubt chevy will build that Chevelle I saw, and the 04' GTO is supposedly runnin the LQ4 6.0 block I believe. I've still wanted to give a spin in a Z06, kind of lookin for something that'll keep some value later on.

Hell if you wanted a C5, I've been seeing some hardtops lately for $19,000. As far as the LQ4, nope nope. It's still the 5.7L LS1. Even if they did put the 6.0L in it, they would probably go with the LQ9, or wait another year and put the LS2 in it ;)

Originally posted by 00 NHRA T/A:

Hell if you wanted a C5, I've been seeing some hardtops lately for $19,000.

Guy at work just picked up a 97 with about 80kmi on it for ~$17k. Hell of alot of car for that much money.

Yes, the solstices and the whole Kappa platform will be a bunch of very cool cars.

Originally posted by OSoSlow5.0:

06 Cobra for 30k ish, ha keep dreamin. last i heard they will be around 43k

Colletti in last month's SVT newletter said they were targetting mid-30s for coupes. We'll see if that sticks.

I really dig the GTO's instrument cluster. Not digging the access to the rear seat, but eh, still a nice interior.