Fastest imports in the area???

HybridMT

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Crash:

Nate, you are imported. You should show up and run the FWD class on foot. I bet you have a shot at winning. :D

then wouldn't he have to race by walking on his hands? :(

Guest Prophecy2k4

Quote:"BODY

Import or domestic compact car bodies allowed. Lexan windows allowed. Lightweight components limited to hood, doors, front fenders, decklid/hatch, and one-piece front ends allowed. Examples of bodies NOT permitted: Camaro, Trans Am, Mustang, Corvette, Grand National, etc. Examples of bodies acceptable for competition: Any Import car body, Focus, Cavalier, Sunfire, Neon, and other similar bodies."

Damn,I would have liked to see a camaro race.

Any Import car body, Focus, Cavalier, Sunfire, Neon, and other similar bodies."

WTF. Import car body? All those listed above are imports? Where were they imported from? Mexico? So.. if I have an econobox (10k under) car, I can race it?

This show is getting gayer and gayer by the minute.

Originally posted by BLUE BY U:

what about my GTO it is imported from australia, i think i have a really good argument on this one.

Nope.

Examples of bodies NOT permitted: Camaro, Trans Am, Mustang, Corvette, Grand National, etc. Examples of bodies acceptable for competition: Any Import car body, Focus, Cavalier, Sunfire, Neon, and other similar bodies."

In order to race, you will need to convert all the body panels, etc. to a Civic.

Guys, the rules on body are very simple... "IMPORT or DOMESTIC SPORT COMPACT bodies allowed."

Import = Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, etc.

Domestic sport compact bodies = Cavalier, Neon, focus, etc.

/\ The rules are just like any other Import drag racing event (NHRA, IDRC, NDRA, etc.).

Originally posted by HybridMT:

*Note - those rules are for the competition classes only. ANY make/model (RWD Domestic V8s included) may race during time trials and even test and tune between elimination rounds.

But who in the fawk would go to some ricer event to do test and tune racing w/ a domestic, when there are countless tracks that do test and tune every week?

Originally posted by HybridMT:

Guys, the rules on body are very simple... "IMPORT or DOMESTIC SPORT COMPACT bodies allowed."

Import = Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, etc.

Domestic sport compact bodies = Cavalier, Neon, focus, etc.

/\ The rules are just like any other Import drag racing event (NHRA, IDRC, NDRA, etc.).

Your rules aren't close to an NHRA or NDRA format. You want fast cars to come yet you offer the biggest payout to a FWD class and have more restrictions in the AWD/RWD class because its "street". If you want the fast cars to come then you should have had a quick 8 class that is no holds barred (just like Edgewater does twice a year). You can still have the fwd class for the other cars but the fast FWD cars can then enter the quick class with EVERYTHING else and that class should have the biggest payout.

Originally posted by Mike C:

Your rules aren't close to an NHRA or NDRA format.

You mean the classes, not rules, are not close to NHRA format, and you’re right about that. Unfortunately, there aren’t enough “no-holds barred” (full drag, tube chassis, non-street) imports around here to make a class for them. This event is for the local guys and the heads up classes (FWD, Street, and All Motor) are for the faster of them. There’s no point in having a Pro class with only one or two cars and it’s not fair to let a full race car compete with the street cars. < If that were allowed, the fast street cars DEFINITELY wouldn't come then.

A post was made weeks ago asking if there were enough non-street imports in this area to make a class for them. Not a single racer has contacted us wanting that class, so there isn’t one.

As for more payouts in FWD than Street.... After two years of having twice as many FWD racers than Street class racers, we moved a little more of the payouts to FWD, being it was the more competitive of the two.