I hate Theifs

rl

Someone tried to get into my truck on Campus last night. Thankfully they are retarded, unfortunantly I need my door repainted and repared. They tried to get the door lock out of the door with a hammer and screw driver, messing up the door pretty bad, but they didnt get in, or got in and my alarm scared them off.

Hopefully they won't come back, but odds are they will. Lame. Earlier this year they stole all kinds of shit from my room mates beater.

Mine didn't get broken into, lived in the dorms for three quarters and parked on west campus, then lived on the corner of Norwich and Neil for a year. I was always pissed about being there, trash everywhere and loud obnoxious drunks at all hours of the night. I pay less to live in Dublin, and don't have to deal with any of that crap.

It really sucks that happened, my suggestion is move far away from that shithole when your lease is up, and just deal with the drive.

Guest doggunracing
Make sure whoever fixes it actually knows what they're doing. We took my wife's car to 3-C after they did that to her locks, and now the paint is already bubbling from rust around them. graemlins/finger.gif

Originally posted by QuikSilver:

Speaking of Kraft, do you they good welding and/or custom work? Or are they mainly just repair and paint? Thanks

I have no idea on what all they do. I've only had the one experience with them, and they came very highly recommended from a friend of the family that re-does old cars. I just had a scraped up front bumper and new wing that needed painted and had them do the work -- looks brand new and the paint match was very good. I also liked their shop as well -- very nicely maintained.

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

On campus, you have 2 choices:

#1: Move away

#2: Get a very secure garage

There is no #3. Your car WILL get broken into if you don't follow #1 or #2. It's not a matter of it, but a matter of when.

Even if it's a total POS?

We have a body guy at the shop thats fixing it, thanks though. smile.gif

We have a very nice 1 1/2 car garage with an electric opener and all that jazz, but I'm in the middle of fixing my room-mates DSM in it. :(

I do have a DEI Alarm, that might have helped.

Guest GSRchick714

Definately DON'T go to 3C...my ex went there when the same thing happened to his car-locks were ripped outta the door, needed fixed and repainted, etc...anyways, they f-ed up his car and painted only the door and it didn't match AT ALL...ugh, don't EVER go there and tell your friends not to!

And about campus...my friend lived there for 4 years and his car was never broken into (88 olds cutlass)...BUT his roommate who lived with him all 4 years had a mustang which got broken into 5 times so I guess the kinda car does kinda make a difference but I wouldn't depend on that! Just get an alarm and don't keep anything valuable in there! smile.gif