Noble M12

Jimmy Notchback

Not one but two sit in a showroom just north of campus in clintonville. A new shop just opened and the owner keeps two of them in his showroom as well as 3 shelby cobras. I rode my bike over and looked at them, they are quite nice. If you turn right on high from hudson they are right across the street from Giant Eagle, defidently worth checking out if you're in the area.

Real Nobles don't look much better than kits to start with. I'm sorry but they're just overrated, like the new Lotus twins. One notch above kits, IMO. Yes I know they perform.

But I couldn't sit in this http://www.mole-valley.co.uk/content/images/1070014149.jpg

and not bang my head against the wheel for wasting my money.

"I coulda had 10 bikes for this thing..."

I know the owner of that shop, I am currently working for his uncle. But he had the idea to put a better interior in the M12s and resell them as a special edition and charge 40-60k more. I didn't really think it was a good idea at the time because of the competition in the higher end sports cars (porsche, gt40, c6 z06, Ferrari 430, etc) but if Mowgli would buy one with a better interior there just might be a market that I am not seeing.

40-60k MORE!? That's a 70k car to begin with, I'd just get the Z06, Ford GT, or a Gallardo at that point.

I will say though, that I think it is a badass car. Too bad they aren't 40k, I think more people would buy them.

Originally posted by Mallard:

40-60k MORE!? That's a 70k car to begin with, I'd just get the Z06, Ford GT, or a Gallardo at that point.

I will say though, that I think it is a badass car. Too bad they aren't 40k, I think more people would buy them.

Mid 50's plus engine.

Friend paid 84k if I remember right.

Best ride of my life.

Guest Ponyfreak
There were two of them at superformance last time i was there. They are just west off cinci actually halfway in between Edgewater and Tristate on the back road that connects the two.

I think I saw one in MAG's showroom when I drove by there yesterday. It was only a quick glance, and their showroom is off of the road a bit, so I may be mistaken.

They are niffty cars, but not the bang for the buck I'd want, especially for what is really just an upscale kit car.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

I think I saw one in MAG's showroom when I drove by there yesterday. It was only a quick glance, and their showroom is off of the road a bit, so I may be mistaken.

That's a Lotus. MAG doesn't sell Nobles. They do however sell Elise's like hotcakes.

BTW I drove that Lotus, detailed it, and put it in the showroom graemlins/nod.gif .

They are only sold as kits to avoid governmental BS for legalization. But my biggest gripe is the door handles look like they came off a F-body camero or c4 vette. yuck.

Originally posted by Mallard:

You'd be suprized what people pay for exclusivity. He told me that he just bought the red one off some guy in miami that writes checks for cars of this nature (that is primarily his clientele) He took it in on trade because the guy wanted something with a better interior and faster. While I don't think everyone is interested, the average person that can afford that car, or something similar, might want some luxuries instead of a pure speed machine.

Originally posted by controler:

They are only sold as kits to avoid governmental BS for legalization. But my biggest gripe is the door handles look like they came off a F-body camero or c4 vette. yuck.

You'd be suprized what people pay for exclusivity. He told me that he just bought the red one off some guy in miami that writes checks for cars of this nature (that is primarily his clientele) He took it in on trade because the guy wanted something with a better interior and faster. While I don't think everyone is interested, the average person that can afford that car, or something similar, might want some luxuries instead of a pure speed machine.

You are thinking of Ron Rosens old M400. When I met him last December, he told me this was the fastest one in the states. Point of refrence, the green M12 in town has over 450whp. The 345hp (crank) engine will power the car to 11.9 sec in the 1/4.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/Hyperbaja/nobleangle.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/Hyperbaja/nobleinteriorshot2.jpg

Originally posted by controler:

They should have taken the handles off an Accord, right?? :rolleyes: BTW, it's Camaro. And that gov't "BS" is to ensure safe cars are being produced for the road. The only reason they are avoiding that is because the car would even be MORE expensive if it had to pass those inspections and crash tests.

They should have taken the handles off an Accord, right?? :rolleyes: BTW, it's Camaro. And that gov't "BS" is to ensure safe cars are being produced for the road. The only reason they are avoiding that is because the car would even be MORE expensive if it had to pass those inspections and crash tests.

Way to hate on a car that's better then yours. graemlins/thumb.gif

Crash test, with healthy people, you're better protectd, but noble doesnt want to pay to build a car and have it smashed. Getting a safety rating is f'kin expensive, so they avoid it. Emissions is another reason for selling as a kit. Finaly, the bulk ot the finacial BS is import costs, also avoided if sold as a kit. Parts are much cheaper to ship then cars.

Originally posted by Assured Risk:

You are thinking of Ron Rosens old M400. When I met him last December, he told me this was the fastest one in the states. Point of refrence, the green M12 in town has over 450whp. The 345hp (crank) engine will power the car to 11.9 sec in the 1/4.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/Hyperbaja/nobleangle.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/Hyperbaja/nobleinteriorshot2.jpg

Ive seen this car driving down Cleveland Ave. before, it is def. an eye catcher

There is a full roll cage.

I think they look cool. Taurus engine is gay. Only "real world" experience ive ever seen was 2 years ago at Midohio -- it was the only car of more than 100 that couldnt make it 2 laps around the track for "parade" laps without breaking. Wayyyyy too much money for a kit car imo...