Broke Down and Bought a Car!

1TrueSS

Well after looking for another truck as a daily driver for a month I was having no luck. I decided it was time to get a car. I found a 1998 two door Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. It is loaded, except the wheels, but oh well. I did not realize these are as fast as they are!

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL564/772744/5154709/80519888.jpg

Originally posted by 1 TRUE SS:

It has 91K. I will NOT be moding it! Well I am going to try not too! This is my daily driver. NO MODS! NO MODS!

Why? You can make it run low 13's pretty cheap and just as reliable as the day it was new.

If you want any advice, PM me. It's what I do. smile.gif

if your worried about brakes you can put get larger OEM disks for the front OLDs has a car from tha same platforom that hada autobahn option. it used a larger disk brake from the z28 (i think) and a adapter to move the stock caliper out more, it will help out with brake fade more than anything.

BTW nice car.

Originally posted by Rally Red Evo:

I believe the 98 GTP already used the Z28 front rotors and brakes.

Wrong.

You need to get the caliper brackets and rotors off of a 2000-2002 Impala LS for the next upgrade. They are 12" as opposed to the stock 10.9" brakes.

The next upgrade is the Z28 dual piston calipers, brackets, and 12" rotors from the Impala LS.

I can keep going if you want. :D

Originally posted by buckeye:

what's up with phils truck?

It stll runs great! I just wanted something else!

Originally posted by Fornicate:

You need to get the caliper brackets and rotors off of a 2000-2002 Impala LS for the next upgrade. They are 12" as opposed to the stock 10.9" brakes.

The next upgrade is the Z28 dual piston calipers, brackets, and 12" rotors from the Impala LS.

I might look into those brakes if the price is right!

[ 12. January 2005, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: 1 TRUE SS ]

Nope. Just start using Mobil 1 5w30 synthetic, drain and change the trans fluid and filter.

Let me know if you want to do the brake upgrade, I have all of the part numbers you need.

smile.gif

Originally posted by 1 DIRTY 7:

tranny's is the L-67 suck, i hear intense has awesome upgrade, check them out!!!

Actually, the 4T65E (and HD) is not a terrible trans. They have a bad stigma due to stupid people being... well... stupid.

But it is true that we have every upgrade for the 4T65E that you could imagine. smile.gif

Originally posted by 1 TRUE SS:

I use Mobil 1 in my truck, great oil. Is it ok to us it in the car with 91K on it?

I'll take those part numbers too.

Yes, start using Mobil 1 as soon as you can. It can only help!

Use just regular Dexron/Mercon trans fluid and a GENUINE AC-Delco filter! Not an Autozone brand. We have had several of our HP transaxles fail due to shoddy manufacturing of the filter. I have AC filters in stock if you don't have a GM contact.

Brake bracket PN is: 12498646, it's a GM part number. Then just go to Autozone and get rotors for a 2000 Impala LS. You can use any pad you like, I prefer the Performance Friction Carbon Metallic from Autozone.