This years 24 hours

Science Abuse

Anyone else catch the race? A year of records being set and broken, machines and drivers being pushed to and beond their limits, and an ever increasing presence of oddly fueled vehicles.

Some highlights:

I think the most memorable moment this year for those who watched would have to be Alan McNish displaying what makes a true race car driver, dedication. Driving a car with virtualy no fairing left on it, a broken steering rack, no brakes, and a different toe and camber on every wheel. A car basicaly as messed up as yo can get and still kinda roll, and driving it back to the pits with a CONCUSION. He gets it back, jumps out of the car and remorts the problems (for the most part) to the head engineer...then passes out and get taken to the nearest hospital.

How about the introduction of the first Deisel LMP900 car? Taurus Sports entered a Lola sporting a Catarpillar twin turbo V10 Deisel....and they finished...very well! 3rd in class I think, race results are hard to find this early.

There was also an LMP running ethanol, dont know much about that one, though.

Underdog Story: The Morgan Works Aero 8. Well, they pretty much stayed an underdog, BUT they finished, and that is a feat in itself. Especialy considering that that car still has wooden parts! Thats got to be the first such car to race at le mans in decades.

The Top Dogs: Team Goh.

Line up the record breakers, we got a few here.

-The first jappanese owned team to win in a long time.

-The first winning jappanese driver to win in a long time, 2nd in history I think.

-Tom Kristensen tying the great Jacky Ickx wit 6 wins at Le Mans, 5 consecutively.

-The most miles traveled evar at the 24 Huers Du Mans.

Over all a very good and eventfull race from flag to flag.

anyone else have input? I'm sick of typing.

Guest stevil
I was watching when one of the Ferraris was 5 laps up on the Vettes, then locked his wheel up or something and had to pit. Looks like the Vettes won GTS. Porsche kicked ass in GT.

Guest Fast_Porsche993
publicity, porsche always kicks ass graemlins/burnout.gif Have any of you seen the 997 being introduced this fall? looks bad ass! word has it they're going to make a 997 GT1 to compete at lemans! graemlins/thumb.gif