$85 000 4banger

CRed05

Originally posted by Dago RcR:

85K and 3.5 second 0-60 though doesn't sound as bad

0-60 times = graemlins/supergay2.gif They really don't tell crap about a car; I could make a 17 second car run 0-60 times that fast with slicks and enough gearing. 60' and 1/8 mile times/traps give a far better idea of what a car can do out of the hole.

This EVO is a complete rip-off. You could have any number of professional builders take a brand new EVO, do all that stuff within a week to the car, and spend FAR less money in the process.

0-60 is the best representation of a vehicle's immediate throttle response, next to 1/4 mile times of course. and is most often recognized to defining a "quick" car. The AVERAGE person know's what a good 0-60 time is, but doesn't know what a good 1/4 mile time is.

i agree that you could do more with a stock evo on a smaller budget.

oh and supposably those "shark tooth" looking things are some sort of "air turbulator's" that help's reduce drag or something of the sort.

Originally posted by harry's94tsi:

0-60 is the best representation of a vehicle's immediate throttle response, next to 1/4 mile times of course. and is most often recognized to defining a "quick" car. The AVERAGE person know's what a good 0-60 time is, but doesn't know what a good 1/4 mile time is.

throttle responce = the difference between the time you mach the pedal vs. the time it takes the engine to react. The can run 22 second 1/4mi. times yet feel peppy because of good throttle responce.

also 85k for car that can go 0-60 in 3.7 sounds good, untill you add the fact it's AWD.

throttle responce = the difference between the time you mach the pedal vs. the time it takes the engine to react. The can run 22 second 1/4mi. times yet feel peppy because of good throttle responce.

also 85k for car that can go 0-60 in 3.7 sounds good, untill you add the fact it's AWD.[/QB]

i stand corrected. wrong use of term's but hopefully you understand my point. The average person often make's a corrolation between 0-60 time and a vehicle's quickness.

any car that can go 0-60 in 3.5 second's is fast, AWD or not. Does anyone know the 0-60 time for a stock srt-10 viper?

Sounds really expensive for an EVO. Unless you are one of those collectors that will never drive the car and enjoy hiding some of the most prized automobiles in a garage so nobody can see it. Since they are only making 100 of them.

Originally posted by Venomss:

$85,000 and 400hp - what a deal.

Theres a few more things than power associated with the car....

Did anyone notice this?

Motec M800 OEM ECU

Sure would be nice to be able to tune the car...from the factory....

All of this for 400hp? 680cc injectors??? That seems like the car is built for more...much more.

Driver Training Course

How many car's come with this???

Is it overpriced?? Probably...

Does it include lots of high end goodies?

Yes...

Guest Spyder550

As an aside, I believe the car's full name is:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII MR FQ 400

Which stands for:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII Mitsubishi Racing Fucking Quick 400... graemlins/lol.gif

Think I saw it in C/D.

yea, you can make an evo 8 just as fast for way less, same with the MR. But it has a nice turbo with big injectors and factory tunable ecu i guess. That means you can easily squeeze about 20-50HP out of it by turning the boost up. Like on my car by going from 9psi to 11psi you gain 20hp. Still over priced though

More info.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/news-story.jsp?news_id=11271

Celebrating the 30th anniversary of Mitsubishi's entry into the UK car market, the special edition Evo VIII MR FQ-400 is available now to order at a price of £46,999. Just 100 will be made. Developed from the MR FQ-320 by Mitsubishi Racing in partnership with tuners Rampage, Owen Developments and Flow Race Engines, the 2.0-litre turbocharged unit has been tweaked for 355lb ft of torque and 0-60mph acceleration in - wait for it - 3.5 seconds. Top speed is limited to 175mph. Yes, it's faster 0-60 than a BMW M3, and even a Porsche Carrera GT or Pagani Zonda.

The extensive modifications include the addition of a custom Garrett turbocharger, an Owen custom-cast stainless steel exhaust manifold, Omega forged pistons, HKS forged con rods, HKS 680cc injectors, a Zytec high-pressure fuel pump, HKS steel head gasket, Motec M800 ECU, HKS iridium spark plugs, a JanSpeed high-flow catalyst, Alcon race-spec heavy-duty clutch, HKS head and big end bolts, and Alcon brake kit with 343mm discs. Distinguishing itself from lesser Evos, the FQ-400 also gains a carbonfibre front lip spoiler, a carbonfibre 'sharks tooth' rear vortex generator (air diffuser), gloss black lightweight alloy wheels and Ralliart mirrors. Inside, it has a Momo steering wheel and Recaro bucket seats, plus a plate next to the gearstick giving the car's production number. There's also all the usual Evo kit - climate control, electric windows - to underline its reputation as a real-life practical supercar.

Mitsubishi points out that this model has undergone extensive reliability testing, and unlike 'chipped' Evos offered by independents, comes with a full three-year/36,000-mile Mitsubishi warranty.