track times

Guest Silvrbmw1

Guest Silvrbmw1
i know the most obvious way to find out what my car would run would be to take it to the track. but do to lack of time and a fiance, my plans for that are uh, graemlins/banned.gif not realistic...... SO!! w/ that tid bit of panty whipped information, any idea what my 99 t/a with a not so lound flow master might run? it's an auto by the way....

What gears? Autos are typically slower than the 6 speeds, without a stall, of course. The Flowmaster catback isn't gonna do much for you in terms of performance, it's more for sound. If you've got a 3.23 geared car and can drive, I'd say you'd run around 13.5 @ 104. If it's a 2.73 geared car, I'd say 13.7 @ 102. smile.gif

Get yourself a lid, some sticky tires, and you'd be much closer to the 12's... graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by RAMD AIR:

Mine stock with 2.73s and a lid/cutout ran 13.24@106.5 when Nick GT on here took it to the track.

Excellent comparison. Mine ran nearly that identical ET/MPH when it was 100% stock, nothing done to it at all. Hell, I ran a 12.585 @111.60 with just a lid and Nittos at Norwalk... :cool:

Originally posted by RAMD AIR:

Stupid hood :D

Has nothing to do with the hood, it's nearly non-functional, unless you punch out the baffles and seal it to the airbox. Which I have done now, of course. I'm guessing your problem might be a short between the steering wheel and the seat... tongue.gif;):D

Originally posted by Wease:

Has nothing to do with the hood, it's nearly non-functional, unless you punch out the baffles and seal it to the airbox. Which I have done now, of course. I'm guessing your problem might be a short between the steering wheel and the seat... tongue.gif;):D

Nah, stock stall at the time and too much red meat in the seat :D

Guest Silvrbmw1
i believe its a 3.23's. i had a 3.73 in my old lt1 but never took it to the track. i think it was faster though. it was a 6 spd edelbrocks no cats and the old style flowmaster, the one that actually was loud. so by lid do you mean intake?!?! i think bbk was making a pretty sweet air cleaner for the ls1 vette's, so i would assume that they'd have one for the f-bodys shortly there after. actually my lt1 had a k&n also now that i think about it too. but i just think they're over priced like borla these days. but i could be wrong. any remarks?!?! also any idear's on how to remove the cats properly?! i talked to a muffler guy and i heard some very bizarre remarks on how it should be done. but i'd trust you all before this guy.....

I kinda doubt the LT1 was faster than your LS1. By lid we mean the part right above the air filter. The stock lid is full of baffles that prohibit airflow. It's a great first mod to do. Personally I'de recommend a Texas Speed lid. I've never heard of anthing from BBK. There are couple aftermarket intakes you can buy, but unless you're going big cubes or extreme heads/cam combinations, I'de stick with a regular LS6 intake. As for removing your cats, I'de have no idea. I have custom true duals that were fabbed without cats. Most headers come with Y-pipes without cats, so that would probably be the best choice for that.