High Speed Challenge 2

High Octane

Police: Chase Ended Before Motorcyclist Died

Portion Of I-270 Closed For Several Hours

UPDATED: 10:27 PM EDT June 13, 2004

GAHANNA, Ohio -- Police said that they ended a chase of a motorcyclist just minutes before he died along Interstate 270 early Sunday morning.

NewsChannel 4 reported that the accident occurred just north of Morse Road, when the driver of the motorcycle lost control of the bike and then landed on a car in the opposite side of the freeway.

Police said that they began following the motorcycle along Hamilton Road when the driver, Trenton D. Faught, of Marysville, allegedly sped away from police.

Police said that they ended their chase near state Route 62 because of safety concerns.

The northbound and southbound lanes of Interstate 270 were closed for six hours following the wreck.

At least two other vehicles were involved in the crash. Walston said that a dark van that was hauling a boat suffered damage to the vehicle's front end. A white car sustained damage to the back left side.

Police closed the entire highway between state Route 161 and Morse Road from midnight until 6 a.m.

Originally posted by High Octane:

Police said that they ended their chase near state Route 62 because of safety concerns.

In other news, Chris Green of Columbus announced that he is selling the Brooklyn Bridge, due to rising maintenance costs. "I've tried everything", Green said. "Duct tape, JB weld, zip ties, but it's just falling apart. I might as well own a DSM!"

Guest Tony_K

Police: Chase Ended Before Motorcyclist Died

Portion Of I-270 Closed For Several Hours

UPDATED: 10:27 PM EDT June 13, 2004

GAHANNA, Ohio -- Police said that they ended a chase of a motorcyclist just minutes before he died along Interstate 270 early Sunday morning.

NewsChannel 4 reported that the accident occurred just north of Morse Road, when the driver of the motorcycle lost control of the bike and then landed on a car in the opposite side of the freeway.

Police said that they began following the motorcycle along Hamilton Road when the driver, Trenton D. Faught, of Marysville, allegedly sped away from police.

The northbound and southbound lanes of Interstate 270 were closed for six hours following the wreck.

At least two other vehicles were involved in the crash. Walston said that a dark van that was hauling a boat suffered damage to the vehicle's front end. A white car sustained damage to the back left side.

Police closed the entire highway between state Route 161 and Morse Road from midnight until 6 a.m.

"owned."

Originally posted by WWJKD?:

In other news, Chris Green of Columbus announced that he is selling the Brooklyn Bridge, due to rising maintenance costs. "I've tried everything", Green said. "Duct tape, JB weld, zip ties, but it's just falling apart. I might as well own a DSM!"

Think of that all by yourself? Or did you steal it off of Supraforums. tongue.gif:D

dont flame me for this, and i know its ignorant for the kid to run. he did it to himself. his ignorance killed him. but...

CPD is supposed to stop chase when speeds hit 90 MPH. at 90 MPH, its hardly fast on a bike. i mena i cruise home from work at 90 all the time barely passing traffic. so obviously the CPD or whoever was chasing at speeds well over that.

Originally posted by ThrottleJockey:

at 90 MPH, its hardly fast on a bike.

nothing against you Hoblick, and I understand because I rode Andy's new Ninja over the weekend and its only a 250. The acceleration is insane, but 90 MPH = fast in a car and also causes danger to the other people on the road. Let alone some plastic with an engine and wheels.

Not that I havent exceed it a time (or two:)) myself, so Im not innocent.

... so obviously the CPD or whoever was chasing at speeds well over that.

I beleive that was marks point. Not that I've ever run, but I've heard of some one who's dont it a few times, and they said those fuggin cops dont give up at no 90mph.

... but...

CPD is supposed to stop chase when speeds hit 90 MPH. ...

what makes you think that? :confused:

It is a very unfortunate story, however as I hear it, he was drinking. you cant cheat death very long.

[ 15. June 2004, 02:16 AM: Message edited by: Innocuous ]

I got busted for 111 in a 65 two weekends ago. I pulled over. I got BITCHED at by the state highway patrol, but ended up getting only a ticket and sent on my way.

So for Protech_TwinTurbo, 111 in a 65mph zone... they still wanted to knab me. They had a trooper waiting several miles up from where I was clocked. I didnt even realize I was clocked, just pulled over to keep it sane.

Guest Tony_K
Originally posted by Innocuous:

what makes you think that? :confused:

Yeah, I'd like to know, too. The cops I have been acquainted with have said that they have to go over 100 in order to catch up with someone doing 80 in reasonable time, which, if you do the math, makes a helluva lot of sense. :confused:

Guest Dark_Viper01

I'm guessing that they say it ended there becouse that was the last place they saw him, after all the Police Interceptor Crown Victoria tops out at 132 mph

Guest Tony_K
Originally posted by Protech_TwinTurbo:

How fast do you have to go before the cops back off? ;)

Don't worry about it. Considering the posts you have made so far, I seriously doubt you know what to do with a 911 at high speeds.

And in seven years of active PCA membership, visits to racetracks, and reading all the Porsche magazines, I have yet to see the horsepower numbers you speak of from a roadgoing flat six.

Here is somethng more realistic for your storytelling: 520 hp

Here is the highest claim I have heard, but this is a shady outfit:

"600"

Keep flying your flag: graemlins/bsflag.gif

Originally posted by yenner:

nothing against you Hoblick, and I understand because I rode Andy's new Ninja over the weekend and its only a 250. The acceleration is insane, but 90 MPH = fast in a car and also causes danger to the other people on the road. Let alone some plastic with an engine and wheels.

Not that I havent exceed it a time (or two:)) myself, so Im not innocent.

In what I don't see you driving anything that can go that fast.

Originally posted by DragKnee66:

I got busted for 111 in a 65 two weekends ago. I pulled over. I got BITCHED at by the state highway patrol, but ended up getting only a ticket and sent on my way.

So for Protech_TwinTurbo, 111 in a 65mph zone... they still wanted to knab me. They had a trooper waiting several miles up from where I was clocked. I didnt even realize I was clocked, just pulled over to keep it sane.

bs on that, i find it hard to believe they would let anyone go for a 111 ticket, no matter what the speed limit

Guest stevil
Originally posted by BLACK ITR GUY:

is this real or just some bullshit

if its real this guy wasnt a member was he?

Yes, it's real. He wasn't a member of this board, but a co-worker of mine is his stepbrother, and he has been out to a meet or two with me.