o2 simulators

Guest Silvrbmw1

Guest Silvrbmw1
anybody use 02 simulators before and have luck w/ them?! i thought about ordering some from jegs, not sure of the brand though. they were like 90 bills for 2 and i thought about giving them a wirl. my end result is to take of my cats for a little more breathability. i heard theres a few pickem-up trucks here that are pretty wicked. up to 600 hp w/ some of the fords w/ banks mods on the diesels. theres supposed to be a 500 hp duramax up here somewhere too. loosing to a pickup w/ a snow plow on it might take chunk of confidence away from me. graemlins/eek2.gif oh yeah, its an ls-1 if anybody might have a suggestion on how else to do it.

Simulators will only keep the SES light off. They only tell you if the Cat is working right. The front O2 sensors are the ones that control air to fuel ratios. If your Cats are bad, then remove them and have someone delete the rear sensors out of you ECU. There are no performance gains from simulators. BTW DO NOT plug them into the fronts or you will see really shitty performance.

Guest Silvrbmw1
well the code i believe said that the left bank was acting up cause my cars been running like shit since i've been here. i figured it was fuel because fuel quality here is not good. tried the 104+ on a few tanks BEFORE i bought a code reader and figured out what it was. it just runs like crap. how can i delete the rear o2 sensor w/ out complications, and if i remove the cat on the other side where the o2 sensor is before it, will it mess up its reading to where it won't run properly?

#1: Have someone that understands how the air and fuel system operates on your car look at it

#2: When removing cats, you need to either run simiulators, or better yet, reprogram the PCM. This can be done by a custom programmer (such as using LS1_Edit or that other software that is out now...can't recall the name), or using a hand-held job, like a POS Hyperjunk, Jet-crap, or the Diablosport programmer.

#3: If it's a front O2 problem, go buy a new O2 sensor. But the O2 sensor will have nothing to do with how the car runs in power enrichment mode (typically 75% or more throttle application, but there are a lot of variables to this.....to make it easy, if the car runs like crap at wide open throttle, it IS NOT THE O2 SENSOR).

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

#1: Have someone that understands how the air and fuel system operates on your car look at it

#2: When removing cats, you need to either run simiulators, or better yet, reprogram the PCM. This can be done by a custom programmer (such as using LS1_Edit or that other software that is out now...can't recall the name), or using a hand-held job, like a POS Hyperjunk, Jet-crap, or the Diablosport programmer.

#3: If it's a front O2 problem, go buy a new O2 sensor. But the O2 sensor will have nothing to do with how the car runs in power enrichment mode (typically 75% or more throttle application, but there are a lot of variables to this.....to make it easy, if the car runs like crap at wide open throttle, it IS NOT THE O2 SENSOR).

HP Tuners....

Guest Silvrbmw1

no, what its basically doing was at an even speed while cruising when the car is in 3rd or 4th gear goin down the road at about 1200 -1600 rpms it lunges a little bit. we have alot of problems w/ fuel, mainly diesel. we have to test the fuel when it gets in our main tanks here for algae and water before we start filling up the loaders, ho's, drills and what not. something else that seems strange is that the unleaded where i'm at has been a few different shades since i've been here to. it usually has a slight brown tint to it. it's very secluded here so we don't go through fuel like fairbanks and anchorage do. it sounds strange i know, but i know what i saw, and i still don't know why it's like that here.

104+ is the brand, ever hear of it? it's everywhere i've been.

NITROUSBIRD - thanks for the info. but what do you think about what NATHAN96 wrote? "BTW DO NOT plug them into the fronts or you will see really shitty performance."

i just wanna make sure i have my facts straight before i start ordering parts.