ATTN: F-body owners

Scotty2Hotty

Lookin at rear ends to run here lately, lookin for input from 12 bolt owners, 9inch owners and anyone that's run the 8.8 set up. I was gonna run a posi-locker more than likely with 31 or 33 spline axles. I've heard of 12 bolts blowing out of F-bods with a lil too much, but never a 9 going boom. Anyone have a preference as far as companies, moser, strange, or currie?

Guest Silvrbmw1
all i know is my buddy races modifides (sp?) up at muskingum county speedway and he's got a 600 some hp stroker he built and he hasn't blown up his 9 inch yet. but then again its dirt not asphalt. but still he's never had a problem w/ it.

I have a 9in. Moser and I havent broke it yet! I'm hard on rearends I went through 5 10 bolts. I had a bolt back out of the TQ arm mounting bracket(I guess its common-red loctite solved mine). Its a strong rearend but its heavy and uses more power to turn

I have a fully loaded Moser 12-bolt (HD cover, HD Eaton Posi, 33 spline, ABS, 1350 yoke). I've abused it without any issues, other than breaking other driveline parts.....aka clutch and a driveshaft.

At the time, a Moser 9" wasn't available to me; I'd probably go 9" simply because of the removable center section. Would probably go w/ the Strage 12-bolt removeable section (basically the best worlds of both the 9" and the 12-bolt).

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

No, he has a Moser 9" w/ a locker he is trying to sell.

no, I am not trying to sell mine.. it's on my car ;)

I do have the hookup on Moser 9inch rears though.. the guy is kinda slow at getting the center shipped out though (I guess that's the price you pay)