Just got back from the Detroit Auto Show...

Guest Harris92

Guest FBody Addict
Originally posted by Skidmark:

Nobody else probably cares but I was wondering if they had a new Civic, or some cool Honda cars there.

some forget that rule about cool and honda, hopefully you can figure it out

I went Wednesday! Spent several hours at the show. really enjoyed checking out the Z06, several cool Mustang concepts, even the new Caddy STS with a supercharged mtr. Muscle is back!!! Also went to Cabela's after the show / just a great way to spend a day off from work. smile.gif

The only way I care about a new version of the eclipse is if they are getting rid of the boring v6 fwd b.s. and going back to the way the car was meant to be, turbo awd 5 speed. I don't care about supposed reliability problems they were just plain fun.

I was disappointed by the lack of selection that a few vendors had. For instance, subaru didnt bring the wrx or sti.

High points

-Got to see my fav car, Austin Martin Vanquish S ( I shall own one, somehow)

-Cadillac is bringing out some bad ass cars - The CTS-V is definately hot but the STS-V is the real show stopper. With a supa charged motor and some Cadillac hotness i'd definately rock that beast.

-THe new Z06 was one of the baddest cars there. The frame is aluminum, weighing in at 285 lbs, the roof was made out of magnesium(holy expense batman) and the motor checks in at 500hp. Yeah, i'd never need another car, ever.

-The concept Jeep was bad ass

-Vw was a disappointment with not only not having the r32 there but the redesign of the jetta looks like shit

-The new RL from Acura is badass. Hands down badass. Luxury, a sweet awd system and 300hp. The pricetag is hefty but if I were to get a luxury car like that i'd consider it above most.

-THe Shelby car was retarded. It looked nice and made an ass ton of power but they covered carbon fiber with polished aluminum. The whole body was polished. It took them something like 22 hours to polish the body, just stupid.

-The GTO has been touched up and looks pretty nice.With 400hp factory and a decent interior the thing has lots of potential. I didnt like the feel of the shifter, the throw was forever long. I didnt like the fact it wouldn't be offered with a sun roof either. For 31 grand I'd probably buy an Evo or G35 but neither offer the power potential for the price. With a little bit of work that z06 motor would be laughing at 600 hp on pump and be a blast to drive all the time.

-The concept E is no longer a concept. They are hooking it up too. 680W fosgate system with a punch sub, nice 18" rims, nice looking interior, 260hp V6 and it looked pretty nice all around. Big ups to Mitsu, the only thing they should work on is the price tag. They said fully loaded it would ring it somewhere around 27-28K, noone in their right mind would pay that for an eclipse.

We drove up and back in the blizzard of saturday, the roads sucked. It was fun though, i'll have some pics up soon. My batteries died 3/4 of the way around so I didnt get any pics of the z06 unfortunately.

i went on sunday...we drove up saturday, stopped @ cabelas, then went to detroit...checked into hotel, went to winsor from 7-2am and got totally shitfaced...went to the show on sunday, and took just under 400 pics...it was pretty good time...i loved seeing the supercars (saleen s7 and the porsche carerra GT)...got a BUNCH of pics of those...the caddy section was very nice...it was a good time to say the least...roads SUCKED on the drive up, but sunday, going to the show and back home, they werent bad at all...if anyone wants pics of somethin, hit me up on AIM, im sure ive got pics of most of the cars there...at least the ones that caught my eye...didnt take many pics of like, new honda minivans, but i got A LOT of pics.