painting car....opinions needed

Guest aftermidnight

Guest aftermidnight

painting my car next month and i'm stuck on color ideas...which would you choose?

silver & blue

silver & gunmetal

silver & black

gunmetal & red

gunmetal & blue

or whatever else

What kind of two tone are you planning? Are you thinking of going back to the standard third gen break by painting the ground effects, or are you doing some kind of graphic? If you're looking to just two tone the ground effects, I'd do the body in bright metallic blue with silver ground effects. The problem with gunmetal as a two tone color, is that there are very few colors that it complements IMO. The only color that I would put next to the gunmetal as an accent is silver, and I wouldn't use gunmetal to accent anything else.

Guest aftermidnight
i had it all gunmetal last year but it just shined, nothing to grab your eyes and run type thing. i was thinking of two tone so i could have the expensive luxury feel then throw in the flashy hot sports car look.

Guest aftermidnight

i got looking at the house of colors book and they make a killer blue. it starts as a medium navy blue metallic that has a pearl effect that turns to a light silver. they also have a silver that has the same pearl effect that shines to a almost reflective black. with all this pearl action, all i have to say is...."bring on the black of night with the parking lot lights making the pearl work overtime!!!" graemlins/nod.gif

[ 21. January 2005, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: aftermidnight ]