Anyone been to U Wrench It lately?

Science Abuse

Originally posted by tbirdchick:

eric whachya need a rear end for?

*achem*

Originally posted by Gurkha:

already have a 13 sec cougar with alot of shit done to it. It needs a driver side rear hub assembly and half shaft. ;)

tongue.gif

Dont need the whole rear end, but I didn't want to be reffered to a car that has a smashed up as end, would be ueless. ;)

Guest Dark_Viper01
I'm shure you already know this but a Mark VIII is not an MM12. Although if you do need a rear end the Mark VIII is the way to go, it's rear end is stronger and lighter than the T-Bird/Cougar rear end.

Originally posted by Dark_Viper01:

I'm shure you already know this but a Mark VIII is not an MM12. Although if you do need a rear end the Mark VIII is the way to go, it's rear end is stronger and lighter than the T-Bird/Cougar rear end.

True, its technicaly an FN10. But the things that make it an FN10 realy dont effect the rear end geometry, possibly the air ride. The center section is aluminum, where as mine (stock) is iron, a difference of about 20 lbs. But as far as the rest of it goes, its no stronger. In fact, aside from the air ride in place of the shocks, its exactly the same. I've been up to my neck in the cars for half a decade, know all about the FN10s and MN12s. The FN10 and the MN12 both use the same monocoque/unibody. Most of its few mechanical differences lie up front.

But as far as spindle/wheel bearings etc go, direct swap.

Guest Dark_Viper01
The reson you have to pay is that so manny people walk out of junk yards with parts in thier pockets, I don't mind becouse I always ask people who have been there recently if they saw what I needed, and they usualy have several cars of the same type, if it's not on one it's probably on another.

Guest jpurdy2003

Honestly, it wouldn't be so bad if I could call ahead and at least find out if they have the specific car I need parts off of.

This is a conversation I had with them this spring:

me: Do you have any 1987 or older Toyotas in your yard?

dumbass employee: I don't know, you'd have to take a look.

That's inexcusable.

Originally posted by Rotary Mujadeen:

Honestly, it wouldn't be so bad if I could call ahead and at least find out if they have the specific car I need parts off of.

This is a conversation I had with them this spring:

me: Do you have any 1987 or older Toyotas in your yard?

dumbass employee: I don't know, you'd have to take a look.

That's inexcusable.

no, it isn't. It s a boneyard, and it has probably the highest turnover in the state. Do you realize what a nightmare it would be to try and inventory all those stancks and stacks of vehicles?

its a fucking dollar for crying out loud, how fucking cheap can you be.

it bothers me when people nag about shit like this, i know everytime i'm there i get my $1 worth in spare nuts and bolts i have just in case i strip one.

i mean seroiusly, damn.