Scion Tc

zeitgeist57

Oof. Just saw one on the road. Looks EXACTLY like a Saturn Ion with new BMW 5-series headlights. graemlins/wtf.gif

The majority of the car looks Ion-ish, unfortunately. It's a good thing I've heard great reviews of the interior and, being built by Toyota, the quality should be there!

Originally posted by SupraGlue:

Get used to the Tc, because after 2005, the Celica AND the MR Spyder are gone. Apparently, the Tc is now Toyota's idea of a "sport compact". :rolleyes:

At least this thing runs the larger 4 cyl from the Camry. And the Supercharger is being sold as a dealer installed option. The tc is quicker, handles better and just generally out performs the Celica, and it does it for less money. What more could you ask (from a 4 cyl. fwd economy car)?

Originally posted by CR Caddy:

At least this thing runs the larger 4 cyl from the Camry. And the Supercharger is being sold as a dealer installed option. The tc is quicker, handles better and just generally out performs the Celica, and it does it for less money. What more could you ask (from a 4 cyl. fwd economy car)?

good looks mabey

It's a good marketing strategy, regardless of initial opinions. I've seen a few xB's on the road already...they'll be catching on here soon enough. Scion's really not a bad choice for a daily driver/commuter car but their cars are by no means racing platforms.

I would say eliminating the Celica won't hurt Toyota too much, it's essentially been a stagnant style since the 99 total redesign (one minor model change since then). The MR2 Spyder just didn't catch on in the American market, plain and simple. Having three names (Lexus, Toyota, Scion) will most likely give the company more flexibility, and is obviously a better marketing strategy, while still making quality cars.

Originally posted by CR Caddy:

really? if that is true, the Tc would actually be a pretty sweet little car. Celica GT-S's manuals are easy 14 second capable cars with only free mods, if that.

Toyota is becoming so freaking lame.

We had the All-Trac Celicas in the 90's. The 2nd Gen MR2 Turbos (not this queer Spyder that pretty much no one wants). Had the MKIII and MKIV Poopras.....we are talking serious performance cars here.

Now what do we get. A Celica w/ an optional full-on factory rice package? The MR2 Spyder. Laughable.....then they decide to axe those too. :rolleyes: For what, an even more boring econo-box lineup, that isn't even under the Toyota name? I REALLY hope this bites Toyota in the ass.....they KNOW how to make cool cars, they just choose not to (they are CLUELESS when it comes to marketing those cool cars however).

I've seen a few more xB's on the road. I've gotta say, the Honduh Element, which had de-throned the Asstech as the ugliest SUV-type vehicle, has now been dethroned by the xB.

And to go along with that, WTF kind of names are there for cars?? Freaking lame.