Underhood engine dirt!!!

zeitgeist57

I cleaned my engine bay up by soap, water, engine degreaser, and good old fashioned elbow grease. After the Engine bay is grease free... spray some Armor All on different engine parts as well as the strut towers etc... then wipe them off... it will create a gloss finish that looks great... when you do this, make sure that the engine is cold. When the engine warms up, it'll smell funny for about a minute, then it'll go away leaving the nice finish. That's my secret that I am sharing with CR :cool:

Originally posted by little devil98gt:

elbow grease.. soap and water and shiney stuff...make all pretty. But a dirty car is a yucky car.. I dont understand why people dont clean under there hoods..lol

Amy, I just saw your dyno numbers... I'd like to race ya once I get my car tuned... should be a pretty good race :cool:

Guest FBody Addict
Originally posted by Beer Guy:

drive the car to one of those do it yourself car washes and do it there. no cleanup roxors ur boxors.

be careful of electrical connections and your intake! you dont want to spend a pretty penny getting the engine pulled so you can get a bunch of water out of the pistons (saw it happen before, alcohol was involved, no not my car)

+1 more for Simple Green. Anyone who's seen the engine bay of my Formula knows what I mean. smile.gif But make a diluted soultion of it in a spray bottle, you don't need to use the concentrated stuff right from the bottle... graemlins/thumb.gif

I have a 99 dollar pressure washer that has a pinpoint spray attachment that spins to make a nice cone shape spray pattern that works almost better that any soap.and it does not use much water so it does not cause a prob with sensors and caps. Clay if you are ever around hit me up we can clean her up in about 10min

+1 on the simple green, but there are other tricks of the trade out there, including a water based clear coat that u spray on everything under the hood and let dry. or u can just spray armoral or a spry type dressing and just shut the hood, the water will dry leaving the silicone, but this way attracts dust, best to just get to the cleanest state u can then just spray it off one a week or every other week.