2005 GTO !!!!!!! 400hp. STOCK

400 HO

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Blowzilla:

Wow.. that interior is ugly as shit. And I'm not skerred of the pig GTO, it's just as fat as my slobra.

Though that OPTIONAL color scheme may not be your taste, I sure hope you don't actually think your Cobra's interior is anywhere close to as nice as the GTO's.

If the rumors are true, the LS2 is said to make more power over a broader powerband than the LS6. On average, the LS6 only gives up a couple HP on the dyno to the 03-04 Cobra. It would probably be safe to say the LS2 is on par RWHP wise, if not more, than your Cobra stock. We won't compare factory ratings, as it is common knowledge your Cobra's motor, LS1, and LS6 are all underated.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

[QBIf the rumors are true, the LS2 is said to make more power over a broader powerband than the LS6. On average, the LS6 only gives up a couple HP on the dyno to the 03-04 Cobra. It would probably be safe to say the LS2 is on par RWHP wise, if not more, than your Cobra stock. We won't compare factory ratings, as it is common knowledge your Cobra's motor, LS1, and LS6 are all underated.[/QB]

http://64.81.147.40//albums/album50/P4237723.jpg

Though that OPTIONAL color scheme may not be your taste, I sure hope you don't actually think your Cobra's interior is anywhere close to as nice as the GTO's.

It is. Worship the suede, biatch! tongue.gif

Ok I'll admit its not as nice. But it ain't that far back. GTO seats vs 03-04 Cobra seats? Sat in a GTO and played with the seat for 10 minutes trying to get it to feel good. Not a contest at all - Cobra.

Still I like the GTO dash ALOT. With this engine, now thats something worth looking at.

As for horsepower, I don't see that LS2 equaling it - you got saddled with a pretty crappy example of a Cobra if all you're putting out is ~400hp stock.

Still - sweet car. I may have to go sit in one and drool if any dealers round here can keep one on the lot long enough.

Originally posted by Mallard:

Advertising Dyno Sheet

I'll take real-world dyno results over GM advertising....which we will have to wait for. It's been a proven fact the LS6 is underated, yet that dyno sheet shows exactly 405HP, so I don't see how that can be considered accurate at all.

Originally posted by Mowgli:

As for horsepower, I don't see that LS2 equaling it - you got saddled with a pretty crappy example of a Cobra if all you're putting out is ~400hp stock.

Alright, we all know the Cobra is underated at 390 flywheel HP, but please show me any bone STOCK 03-04 Cobra putting down 400HP to the wheels (other than a doctored-up dyno, that reads high for everyone). ANY. I'm not asking you to find any LS6 doing it, because there aren't any of those either.

I'll take real-world dyno results over GM advertising....which we will have to wait for. It's been a proven fact the LS6 is underated, yet that dyno sheet shows exactly 405HP, so I don't see how that can be considered accurate at all.

Alright, we all know the Cobra is underated at 390 flywheel HP, but please show me any bone STOCK 03-04 Cobra putting down 400HP to the wheels (other than a doctored-up dyno, that reads high for everyone). ANY. I'm not asking you to find any LS6 doing it, because there aren't any of those either.

Never said rwhp. I thought you were talking flywheel - you're not saying the GTO is putting 400 to the road? I don't think you're saying that - although that would be nice, and I'd be trading in as soon as I got done begging my wife to let me (or waiting on an 06 cobra to see what it comes up with... who am I kidding my next car is going to be a minivan, familytime starting soon - wah). As for the snakes, mine did 419 crank, stock, 1000miles on the odo, right off a 20mile highway drive (literally) in 92 degree heat with 74% humidity, in the sun, Brian's mobile chassis dyno. Bone stock down to the paper filter. And heck mine was a mid to low-mid performer (later found out it was the cats). The average had ~5hp over me and it wasn't uncommon to have mine beat by like 20hp, again bone stock. The Cobras aren't just a little underrated.

[ 05. August 2004, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Mowgli ]

Originally posted by Mowgli:

Never said rwhp. I thought you were talking flywheel - you're not saying the GTO is putting 400 to the road? I don't think you're saying that - although that would be nice, and I'd be trading in as soon as I got done begging my wife to let me (or waiting on an 06 cobra to see what it comes up with... who am I kidding my next car is going to be a minivan, familytime starting soon - wah). As for the snakes, mine did 419 crank, stock, 1000miles on the odo, right off a 20mile highway drive (literally) in 92 degree heat with 74% humidity, in the sun, Brian's mobile chassis dyno. Bone stock down to the paper filter. And heck mine was a mid to low-mid performer (later found out it was the cats). The average had ~5hp over me and it wasn't uncommon to have mine beat by like 20hp, again bone stock. The Cobras aren't just a little underrated.

Don't forget these flywheel numbers you are giving are calculated based on an estimated driveline loss. So you really should get an estimated flywheel number, not EXACT. Regardless, the LS6 w/ estimated driveline loss also comes in at above 405HP at the flywheel. That's the point I'm making....the LS2 from everything being said about it, should as well, and perhaps more-so.

If the rumors are true, the LS2 is said to make more power over a broader powerband than the LS6.

so it makes more low/mid range power than the LS6. a wider powerband != more top end horsepower...

"It would probably be safe to say the LS2 is on par RWHP wise, if not more, than your Cobra stock."

safe to say? based on what?! rumors? give me a break...

More area under the curve = faster

quiet you... tongue.gif

he was talking about peak numbers, and my point stands. predicting hp numbers is something ricers do. just wait for some real dyno results. the car will be out soon enough...

you in wooster? bring me some lunch... tongue.gif

Originally posted by recklessOP:

quiet you... tongue.gif

he was talking about peak numbers, and my point stands. predicting hp numbers is something ricers do. just wait for some real dyno results. the car will be out soon enough...

you in wooster? bring me some lunch... tongue.gif

Those are real dyno results.

Nope, I'm in Flint at school. 6 more weeks of college left. ...whore.

Actually, I do like the cobra's interior much better than my f-bodies. The only part I don't like is the leg room. And it blows the doors off the GTO's, have you sat in a GTO?

Those are real dyno results.

Nope, I'm in Flint at school. 6 more weeks of college left. ...whore.

ok, independent dyno results... tongue.gif

using your dyno chart, an LS2 powered GTO will not back up this claim:

"It would probably be safe to say the LS2 is on par RWHP wise, if not more, than your Cobra stock."

because:

"On average, the LS6 only gives up a couple HP on the dyno to the 03-04 Cobra."

and the LS2 doesn't make as much peak hp as the LS6. fair..?

i start class again in a month, yay...

Originally posted by recklessOP:

and the LS2 doesn't make as much peak hp as the LS6. fair..?

Lets be fair and not talk about the 5 less hp it makes for the last 200rpm and talk about the gobs more torque it makes across to whole entire rpm range until that last 500rpm. If those graphs are right the LS2 IS A MORE POWERFUL (and much smother on power delievery) engine than the LS6, period.

The GTO is a damn cool car and will be even cooler with more HP, but to compare it to a Cobra that's supercharged stock is kind of silly. Sour apples to Sour oranges, all of you quit winning.