Need some opinions..

Guest SweeeetSilvia

Guest SweeeetSilvia

Should I buy it or should I pass?

Well most of you know what happened to my car this year, and I have been considering buying yet another 240. This one is from a good trusted friend of mine, Chad.

The reason I am giving up on mine is because I have had to many people take advantage of me with it. I spent over 5k on new parts for it and only have about 1k of shit to show for it. (Some of you would know what im talking about). AND the clutch I had put in it went out again (or is going out) and I had only driven it about 200 miles with it. Plus half the time I couldnt even put it in revere e since the day I got it back. SO- I decided fuck that one and have been thinking about this one.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/378000-378999/378316_19_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/378000-378999/378316_22_full.jpg

The reason I want your opinion is because I am not a big body kit fan, but it is a genuine Veilside kit.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/6/web/378000-378999/378316_14_full.jpg

Some of the mods are..

pexi GT exhaust 4"

Apexi turbo, Ball bearing

Apexi turbo timer

Greddy E-Manage computer

..with / laptop software

Greddy/Trust 3 1/4" downpipe

Greddy V-spec front mount

Greddy 3 pulley set

Greddy type S BOV

Greddy Profec-B boost controller

Greddy turbo outlet

Greddy Intake Manifold

740cc Injectors

14" cooling fan

300zxTT fuel pump

300zx MAFS

HKS high flow intake

Fidanza Flywheel 8.5lbs

Spec 2-stage performance clutch

Jet-hot ceramic coated exhaust manifold

Thanks,

Dan

Guest stevil
Originally posted by B DUBS:

ehh, i like your better but...

+1

Nice car though, but keep looking if you really want something else, search out of state too.

Originally posted by Mallard:

Not really a fan of the Vailside kit (or is it a look alike?) even though they're expensive and some people sweat them. But it looks like a pretty complete car. For the right price I'd say go for it.

Nope it's a real Veilside kit. I think he paid almost 2g's for it.

Not really a fan of the body kit, looks too smoothed out for the rest of the car's body. Doesn't look like it fits together. Thats just my opinion. But, if that one is in good shape and runs well then go for it, if you really don't like it then take it off.

If you HAVE to get it, you ABSOLUTELY need to get better wheels and tires. The wheel offset is way too weaksauce graemlins/thumbsdown.gif for the width of the car with that body kit.

Those wheels would look better on a stock body 240...I'm guessing the owner bought the wheels before the Veilside kit.

Guest SweeeetSilvia
Ok well if I keep my car, I can only carry liability, and at that, $1500 worth. So if I get into an accident, I AM getting sued more than likely. Also, I would need someone to build my motor, if I ever get my "new" turbo back.

Originally posted by zeitgeist57:

If you HAVE to get it, you ABSOLUTELY need to get better wheels and tires. The wheel offset is way too weaksauce graemlins/thumbsdown.gif for the width of the car with that body kit.

Those wheels would look better on anything front wheel drive...I'm guessing the owner bought the wheels before the Veilside kit.

fixed

Guest Ranger_Man
Originally posted by BiG BeN:

i've seen the car up close, i don't really dig the kit(it does fit well though)personally i'de start(again)with something closer to stock.

i agree 100%. a clean canvas will yeild a better picture since you will not have to paint over stuff that is already there. if you get my drift and all.

start with a stock one and mod it as you get the money.