Which one to go with?

Bam

I'm looking at cars and I'm comparing these three cars, which one would be the quickest car if all the factors were the same?

Same weight, same driver, same time/location, which would you pick and why? I am just trying to understand how Hp and Tq affect each other.

Car #1 - 150hp @ 6500; 133lbs of Tq @ 5500rpms.

Car #2 - 140hp @ 6400; 132lbs of Tq @ 4800rpms.

Car #3 - 160hp, 111 TQ.

All of these numbers are factory rated at the crank. So just by this, what can be determined?

Even though car 3 has a lot more HP, it has no tq. Obviously car 1 has more Hp/tq but at higher RPMs, so what's this mean?

Thanks guys

Matt

Originally posted by Rotarded:

Unless your car puts down over 300lb/ft peak, and also in excess of 275lb/ft of torque from 4200 to 7500 RPM, you may feel free to shut your pie hole! graemlins/slap.gif

300? That's it? Kinda small goal. Let's let my little V6 in here. How about "Unless your car puts down over 500lb/ft peak, and also in excess of 350lb/ft of torque from 4200 to 7500 RPM, you may feel free to shut your pie hole!" tongue.gif

Originally posted by Obsequy Empire:

300? That's it? Kinda small goal. Let's let my little V6 in here. How about "Unless your car puts down over 500lb/ft peak, and also in excess of 350lb/ft of torque from 4200 to 7500 RPM, you may feel free to shut your pie hole!" tongue.gif

Blow me, and go play with your Fiero friends!

1.3 liter vs 3.8 liter, shouldn't you have 850??

Originally posted by Beer Guy:

come on mike, chris run? you and i both know that his man boobs would flap around and hit him in the face, thereby knocking him out.

I'll bet I outrun your skinny ass in 60'. redface.gif