The old lady took out the shed(pic of shed too)

Browning

My girlfriend delivers pizza here in town. Yesterday on her first delivery, she left her black cavalier running with the e-brake on. The damn thing didnt hold, it rolled about 500 feet down a small hill. Took out some ladies shed lol. Scratched up the side a good bit, dented the trunk lid, and beat up the rear bumper. The is also part of a park bench stuck in her bumper. Im going to get pics now before I take the bumper off. I plan to let her read this, so be easy :rolleyes:graemlins/popcorn.gif

[ 06. April 2005, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: HellBound ]

Originally posted by (-):

Um, why in the fuck did she leave it in gear? Did the two extra seconds it would have taken to pop it out of gear really matter?

Darwin award.

It is a standard, she left it running and in neutral. The ebrake just didnt hold.

It looks like someone vandalized the license plate too - like they scribbled over it with a black marker. Bastards - I hate vandals.

Anyway, that sucks about the e-brake not holding. On a related note, I've notice that the e-brake on the Z06 doesn't always hold, though it's certainly engaged enough to where I think it should. That could get me in a lot of trouble...

I cant even get the damn trunk to open today lol. On these rear bumpers, it appears all of the screws are now out. Except on each side back corner. It has those little push in screws, I have to have the trunk open to get to them, dont I?

Yea, they are going to cover it. The shed looks like it was 200 years old. The people handled it very well, wasnt mad at her or anything. She got lucky, because it had just missed a huge all block garage. I think they were kinda happy, after all they get a new shed lol

Um, why in the fuck did she leave it in gear? Did the two extra seconds it would have taken to pop it out of gear really matter?

Darwin award.

you.are.the.stupidest.jackass.evar

got it all off. Had to unbolt the trunk latch. Most of the bumper beat out, except for the 2 bench leg holes lol. I dont know what Im going to do about the scrapes on the side. They arent deep, and most will wash away. Would it be possible to wet sand it with really fine paper? Looks really dont matter, I just want the garage paint off of the car.

Originally posted by HellBound:

got it all off. Had to unbolt the trunk latch. Most of the bumper beat out, except for the 2 bench leg holes lol. I dont know what Im going to do about the scrapes on the side. They arent deep, and most will wash away. Would it be possible to wet sand it with really fine paper? Looks really dont matter, I just want the garage paint off of the car.

get ahold of 360iroc (kevin) on here. he can take care of it

Originally posted by copperhead:

offtopic - have you worked at all this week? I haven't...

Nope, I hope I get to the rest of the week though. Shelly said theres alot of confusion going on now. Who knows lol.

As for having somebody else do it. Im not that worried about it. Not wanting to have somebody do it, I was just curious. I got it back on now. Im going to hand wash it and see what I can get off.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

Anyway, that sucks about the e-brake not holding. On a related note, I've notice that the e-brake on the Z06 doesn't always hold, though it's certainly engaged enough to where I think it should. That could get me in a lot of trouble...

Might want to get that looked at; the car is under warranty, right?? My Formula's e-brake worked flawlessly until I snapped my DS at the track a couple years ago and damaged the cable bracket; it's to the point it doesn't work at all now, and I need to put a new bracket in. My 3rd Gen Camaro's worked flawlessly the whole time I owned it.

Darwin award.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

It looks like someone vandalized the license plate too - like they scribbled over it with a black marker. Bastards - I hate vandals.

ha ha... awesome

(-).... what the hell, if she would have had it in gear it wouldn't have rolled correct? you just confused the hell outta me, putting the car in neutral wouldn't have helped whatsoever

i'm not sure, but i always thought if it was left in gear it wouldn't roll since it would catch, thus you keep it in gear on a hill