stand-alone install

evan9381

tuning can be pretty pricey, really depends on where you get it done at, and make sure that wherever you take it, they know what the fuck their doing first. That's seriously not something you want to fuck around on.

its for an elantra...i can get a killer deal on it (500$ w/ a 2.5 bar map sensor) ...i have my turbo kit, i know this would be a much better idea for tuning instead of a SAFC. also, with this i can use injectors from like an eclipse, which are much cheaper (found like some 550 or 600cc injectors for 250$) ...hit me up on AIM - evan938 so i can talk to you about this a little bit more...if i can get it in for a reasonable price, im gonna pick it up

Piggy backing is hard enough to get right, some people put stand alones on and never get them running right. If using an SAFC and RRFPR is what is commonly done on your car for fuel tuning when people go turbo, I'd go that route if I were you! Not trying to discourage you, but you probably don't need a stand alone for what you are trying to do, and it will be alot easier to go piggy back. I'll bet you have plenty on your hands just trying to get it running right with an SAFC. Don’t make this project any harder than it has to be.

[ 05. November 2004, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: Neo ]

depends ALOT on the particular unit.i dunno what you could possibly get for 500$ except maybe a megasquirt.wich is a good system for most applications, but definitly not for a first timer. you could also consider skipping the dyno time and buying a wideband to do your own tuning.just make sure you're really familiar with your interface and start very conservative.