Ebay

Buckeye1647545503

Guest stevil
Hmmm, the guy bought it from a salvage place, and is now dumping it off on eBay. I bet it isn't an as easy a fix as he originally thought...

Right, easy fix, if you have $10000 to buy the parts. Hell there are 3000 to 3500 air bags blown and that's not the 2000 hood, 1500 in front clip and 1000 in other bullshit before applying the paint that will run another 500 to 1000.

These wrecked car deals are NOT deals unless you have access to parts real cheap, and can do ALL the work yourself.

Originally posted by Neo Pee:

All most $10k. No thanks, if I wanted one I'd pick up a 98 or 99 after the C6's come out. I bet you'll be able to find decent ones that have not been recked for ~$15k.

I agree. Everytime a car goes through model change, it's only natural for used prices to drop and I always prefer un-wrecked cars.

Originally posted by nicktcfcsb:

Except for Fox bodys :D

I really meant the immediately previous model before the change, but you have a point. Some models don't follow the trend, but Corvettes typically fall in value until they reach ~20 years old, even out and then usually go up again in price.

You won't be seeing decent 97 C5's in the 15k range. Probably more like 17-19k being more of the norm. Just look at the prices of the late C4's. Right now you can squeeze into a decent 97-98 for around 20k, there are a few out there cheaper, but normally either a rare find or a beaten down example.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

You won't be seeing decent 97 C5's in the 15k range. Probably more like 17-19k being more of the norm. Just look at the prices of the late C4's. Right now you can squeeze into a decent 97-98 for around 20k, there are a few out there cheaper, but normally either a rare find or a beaten down example.

I think there will be a short time where the market will be flooded as soon as C6's are semi-prevelent on the showroom floors and if you dig pretty hard you will find a VERY good deal. I'd love to pick one up around this time I'm speaking of. But I think after 6 months to a year thoes will be all but gone and you've about hit the nail on the head. After that they will slowly depericate but never to the point of older C4's which you can find for sub 5k if you look just becuase these cars are so much faster than thoes.