2005 GTO Test Drives

400 HO

• 3 months later...

I sell at Dan Tobin off Sawmill. We have 4 in right now. The 05's have true dual exhaust with ram air scoops on the hood.

Torrid Red w/ black leather, red guages, auto, with the optional 18" chromies wrapped in Nitto rubber. Stock wheels and tires included.

Phantom Black with red leather, red guages incoming. Not sure which tranny

Cyclone Gray with black leather and red guages sporting a 6 spd.

Quicksilver Metallic with red leather, red guages and a 6spd.

The 18's are available for $2,700 or we offer the stocks in chrome for $400.

The automatic does

0-60: 4.6

1/4 mile: 13 flat at 108

Lateral G's: .86

6spd

0-60: 4.7

1/4 mile: 13.1 at 108

If you need any info on GTO's PM me or call me at 889-6300 ext 236

ask for andy

Originally posted by GEquinox:

I sell at Dan Tobin off Sawmill. We have 4 in right now. The 05's have true dual exhaust with ram air scoops on the hood.

The '04's also had a true dual exhaust. The '05's are dual with pipes coming out on each side of the bumper. (Traditional Pontiac style)

Originally posted by Ricochet:

There was a yellow gto at Lowe's today, and I was telling a guy I work with that it's a GM car with a Corvette engine.. He told me it's a Pontiac version of a vette engine, and it's not a GM. Which one of us is right?

Same engine. The only difference may be the accessory drive routing. They're even rated the same hp so it's probably the same ECU tune, unlike the F-body's which were always rated less.

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

Sorry, but it still looks boring. Granted, I didn't see the pics with the chrome 18" rims. but still.

Thank you... I just can't get into this car at all; LS2 or not. Aftermarket rims, grille, who cares, still looks like a glorified grand am to me.

I'm going to take a look at the 05 in person.

The higher Hp and breaks can't hurt.

From the pictures I've seen, the hood scoop makes the car look gay.

2004 GTO Phantom Black / Black 5.7L V8 Tremec M12 6-speed

1996 Z28 Pearl 2 tone Green blue / Black 5.7L V8 Tremec T56 6-speed

1985 GMC SIERRA Blue / Blue 5.7L V8 Automatic 4 speed

Drove to Dan Tobin Pontiac last night to take a look at the 05 GTO up close and in person.

Pictures don’t do the car justice. The hood looks much better live than in pictures. The suck part, is that the air box isn’t connected to the scoops for cold air. So you still need to purchase an aftermarket hood system for that. If I trade up then I definitely want to go with the sport trim package.

2004 GTO Phantom Black / Black 5.7L V8 Tremec M12 6-speed

1996 Z28 Pearl 2 tone Green blue / Black 5.7L V8 Tremec T56 6-speed

1985 GMC SIERRA Blue / Blue 5.7L V8 Automatic 4 speed

Originally posted by Ricochet:

There was a yellow gto at Lowe's today, and I was telling a guy I work with that it's a GM car with a Corvette engine.. He told me it's a Pontiac version of a vette engine, and it's not a GM. Which one of us is right?

It's an Australian car with a Corvette engine, that's what it is.

Originally posted by Jon:

Yes, it is based on the Holden Monaro. But the motor is not a "Corvette engine." The LS1 for the 04's has also been used in the Camaro's, Firebird's. The LS2 for 05's is also in the SSR's.

Originally posted by GEquinox:

That can't be right, my 96 Tbird sport tested better then that 8 years ago on 225/60r16 eagles. If it is right...ehh, time to dump the shitty Nitto's, cuz I know the car has more mechanical grip potential then that.

And I agree with Loren, thos hood scoops are fucking rediculous. The SLP Grand AMs look better then that, and they look gehy. Those scoops dont go with th elines of the car at all, who the hell is designing cars up there these days?

Originally posted by Jon:

Not exacly correct, The engine is a one of a kind found only the 04 GTO. The 04 GTO LS1 was built in GM's Canada engine plant and is based on the high output LS1 found in late model F-body's and standard corvettes, Lutz didn't think it had enough low end tourch so they added the ZO6 cam, but not the high flow ZO6 heads.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Yes, it is based on the Holden Monaro. But the motor is not a "Corvette engine." The LS1 for the 04's has also been used in the Camaro's, Firebird's. The LS2 for 05's is also in the SSR's.

Close but not exact, see above.

[ 02. April 2005, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: High Octane ]